What are you listening to

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My MAC 1900 is back from getting service. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Listening to WILL FM at the moment at very low volume through the Klipsch Heresy II's.

Moody Blues - In Search of the Lost Chord

Trying to be extra critical of the sound of this serviced MAC. It has a fullness, depth, that is amazing compared to the Technics SA-700. I always thought the Technics was pretty good. And it is.

Trying to figure out what the next improvement should be.

The Black Keys - Thickfreakness (Inazuma Rockin' Blues)

Modern two-man band. 8)

Recorded in what they call "medium fidelity". Nice and raw.

Carlos":08i8lk7e said:
The Black Keys - Thickfreakness (Inazuma Rockin' Blues)

Modern two-man band. 8)

Recorded in what they call "medium fidelity". Nice and raw.
Carlos,

The Keys are a great band, nice choice. Glad to hear the Mac is back in service, what speakers are you using?

Enjoy the music...

Dan

Klipsch Heresy II's in birch. I have a 2nd set in oiled oak. Turntable is a Dual 1019. Stanton 681 cartridge with a Pickering D-11-S needle. High quality interconnects to the MAC. This thing is very quiet. Terry DeWick really did a super job on the audio update, alignment, and cleaning.

I was using a Technics SA-700. Not sure what I will do with it. Maybe send it for a complete overhaul. I love the looks of 1980 or so Technics. Kind of bitten by the MAC bug.

Cathy says "What's that big box FedEx just brought?" My MAC 1900 back from service. "Oh, that's why you haven't been playing records lately." :shock: Guess I hadn't realized how little I was playing on the Technics.

Iron & Wine - The Sea & The Rhythm. 8)

Carlos,

Sounds like a nice setup. It also sounds like you like the Blues, if you have a way to play CDs through your rig check out Ronnie Earl, he is an absolutely incredible guitar player....Here is his latest CD, just amazing.

Dan

g04563.jpg

Midnight Blues":1dbnq96b said:
Carlos,

Sounds like a nice setup. It also sounds like you like the Blues, if you have a way to play CDs through your rig check out Ronnie Earl, he is an absolutely incredible guitar player....Here is his latest CD, just amazing.

Dan

g04563.jpg
I am bad with names, so I didn't recognize his. But he sounds like Jimmy Vaugh, the Fabulous Thunderbirds, who he played with. I also have him on A Roomfull of Blues album.

No CD player on the MAC system. Just LP's.

Carlos":k4lacton said:
Moody Blues - In Search of the Lost Chord

Trying to be extra critical of the sound of this serviced MAC. It has a fullness, depth, that is amazing compared to the Technics SA-700. I always thought the Technics was pretty good. And it is.

Trying to figure out what the next improvement should be.

"Speedimg htrough the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel"
A great album for sure :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Woke at 5, poured a cup and fired up a bowl of SG St James flake and grooved for a couple hours to some 50's era jazz on KCSM, streaming through the 'puter 8) Now gettin an earful of Farmer Fred, a local weekend gardening show on the AM band, fixin to fire up a big bowl of Barbary Coast.

Skynards demo...
Cut in Muscle Shoals Alabama..(Sweet Home Alabama was a tribute to the boys runnin the studio) back when the boys literally ate peanut butter everyday,lived in a van, and cleaned the studio for recording time.... Killer...Freebird,Down South Jukin,Simple Man,Things going on, I aint the one... And 8-10 others songs you may or may not know..

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy (you get the picture,5 degrees of seperatio) who knew Dave Peverette of Savoy Brown/Foghat fame who some how or another got ahold of this demo from Dave some years back..anyway he's tranfered it to CD and when I first heard about it I asked if there was anyway I could get a copy..... About 2hrs ago I did, and I'm a happy man.

Edited In
Oh yeah, don't tell MCA I'm sure they'd claim copyright infringement and take my chevette from me :D

Listening to a little Danzig, Misfits, and The Dropkick Murphys.

rlrideoutjr":jir7xgir said:
Listening to a little Danzig, Misfits, and The Dropkick Murphys.
That is right up there with me listening to Fugazi today. Nice selection bro.

-Jeff