What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished Last of The Mohicans...I always wanted to read it but never got around to it until now.

flytyer":u5kbbmyy said:
I just finished Last of The Mohicans...I always wanted to read it but never got around to it until now.
Did it meet your expectations?

Yes DrT it definitely did, I plan on reading the other Leather Stocking Tales some time in the future.

"War and Remembrance" by Herman Wouk. I started it right after reading his "Winds Of War".

Still finishing up a book series I've been working on for a while, but felt like having an audiobook in the car instead of music or talk radio for a while.

In the mood for something fast-paced but not formulaic...so now I'm re-"reading" The Millennium Series by Steig Larsson (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, etc).

I just finished "Life," Keith Richard's autobiography. (Or would it be biography, since he had a writer.) Richards, as you will recall, was a Rolling Stones guitarist, the original out-of-control rock and roller, and once was #1 on a list of ten clebrities likely to die in the following year. He is now at 70 or so, living in an estate down state from me and seems to be none the worse for wear. There's a wonbderful picture in the book of him sitting on a couch surrounded by his wife their children and lovely grandbabies. In "Life" he gives a recipe for his beloved bangers and mashed:)

Been slowly making my way through Jack Zipes's "The Complete First Edition of The Original Folk and Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm." Wonderful.

Just finishing up - Night Work: The Sawchuk Poems by Randall Maggs. Excellent.

A Time of Gifts by Sir Patrick Leigh Fermor. I highly recommend both from this set.

KevinM":7bqgdu25 said:
I just finished "Life," Keith Richard's autobiography. (Or would it be biography, since he had a writer.) Richards, as you will recall, was a Rolling Stones guitarist, the original out-of-control rock and roller, and once was #1 on a list of ten clebrities likely to die in the following year. He is now at 70 or so, living in an estate down state from me and seems to be none the worse for wear. There's a wonbderful picture in the book of him sitting on a couch surrounded by his wife their children and lovely grandbabies. In "Life" he gives a recipe for his beloved bangers and mashed:)
Have read this several times now. Very interesting, and Keef is lucky to still be in the land of the living given his past!

:|

Cheers,

RR

Got two boks going now that I started this week:

Steven Collins, Nirvana: Concept, Imagery, Narrative (Cambridge, 2010)
Claude Welch, Protestant Thought in the Nineteenth Century, Volume 1: 1799-1870 (Yale, 1972)

A Hangman's Diary: The Journal of Master Franz Schmidt, Public Executioner of Nuremberg, 1573–1617
by Franz Schmidt

This is a diary of an executioner who lived in Nuremberg. It's a fascinating account of crime and punishment and the executioner's feelings during the late 1500's.

Status
Not open for further replies.