What are you smokin'?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Viaje Exclusivo Lancero (Atlantic Cigars 15th Anniversary cigar, only 150 boxes made and extrmely HTF)

This blend by Viaje maybe one of the best NCs I have ever smoked. The best vitolas, in order, IMHO are rob, coronona gorda and lancero. Fricking superb!

Bought a box of Bolivar PC for our annual Memorial Day party. So of course I had to sample one. :D

Dave_In_Philly":5xfzrknd said:
Bought a box of Bolivar PC for our annual Memorial Day party. So of course I had to sample one. :D

Dave, you have to make sure they don't have beetles, there's no mold, and that they aren't plugged! ;)

What year?

Had a Casa Magna last night...it's been a while since I'd had a cigar, and this puppy really hit the spot right before bed time.

Up in Albany NY thbis evening. Enjoying some Larry's Blend in a Tinsky in the smoking lounge at Pipes&Cigars and watching theFlyers game. A nice evening away from home for once and too cold to smoke outside the hotel

I found a Rocky Patel Edge in a Candela wrapper today and just had to buy it. I know a lot of you guys probably aren't fans of the green 'gars, but I find they go very well with a pot of coffee in the morning.

Had a Sancho Panza Double Maduro while I was at the shop. Very underrated cigar.

Behike54":87ob8oe3 said:
Dave_In_Philly":87ob8oe3 said:

Dave, you have to make sure they don't have beetles, there's no mold, and that they aren't plugged! ;)

What year?
New box, Nov 11. Smoking like a dream. But then again, they are Bolis. :D

Dave_In_Philly":xt6jmg7z said:
Behike54":xt6jmg7z said:
Dave_In_Philly":xt6jmg7z said:

What year?
New box, Nov 11. Smoking like a dream. But then again, they are Bolis. :D

GOOD FOR YOU! Bolis usually need time but maybe it is the vitola! Also, I have been having good luck with certain smokes ROTT. I just got a new 50ct cab of RASS and they are smoking AMAZINGLY well for being that young!

ENJOY and hope the event is a SMASH!

FYI, my motto is, "it's hard to beat a good Boli!" :cheers:

Jack

Ocelot55":8z55n12t said:
I found a Rocky Patel Edge in a Candela wrapper today and just had to buy it. I know a lot of you guys probably aren't fans of the green 'gars, but I find they go very well with a pot of coffee in the morning.

Had a Sancho Panza Double Maduro while I was at the shop. Very underrated cigar.

I have had some of the newer candelas and from Illusione and LFD and I am glad I decided to go that route.

Btw, I am about to get some 2001 Sancho Panza Belis from an ISOM. Let me know if you want to try one!

Enjoy and take care!

Jack

p.s. Dude, do you have an Ocelot? Are they are interesting as everybody says? Sorry to go off topic.

Rob_In_MO":hfx6gmmz said:
Backwoods Mild-N-Natural.

Don't laugh, I actually do like these on occasion...
Ha ha. I like to take those camping, those and Al Capones.

As it turns out, it's a two stick day. Arturo Fuente Grand Reserve Maduro Florfina 858, very well aged.

La Aroura 1495 robusto with some ice water.

Corojo lovers should check this one out. Can be a little pricy, but there have been some good deals lately.

DrumsAndBeer":g635izhk said:
As it turns out, it's a two stick day. Arturo Fuente Grand Reserve Maduro Florfina 858, very well aged.
Glad to hear that. I have a handful, the first two weren't very good so I threw the rest in the back of the cooler - about a year now. I'll waiting another year and see how they have fared.

Dave_In_Philly":naqjeqm2 said:
DrumsAndBeer":naqjeqm2 said:
Glad to hear that. I have a handful, the first two weren't very good so I threw the rest in the back of the cooler - about a year now. I'll waiting another year and see how they have fared.
Fuente's Maduros used to be my favorite smokes, but they are very inconsistent at best. The stick I had Saturday was very tasty, but construction was a bit of a problem (thick veins in the wrapper, very toothy, uneven burn). I had a few 858's a while ago that were not very flavorful, very flat tasting actually, but the construction was perfect. I guess I continue to purchase Fuente's because they are a like a comfortable old shoe. My favorite Grand Reserve Maduro is the Canones. That particular size allows for very nice rich flavor development and that perfect dark maduro sweetness that just lasts and lasts. Those really float my boat. Unfortunately I never have time for a 2 hour smoke anymore so I settle for the smaller sizes.

Cigar's I've smoked in the past week.

Partagas Corona made for private cigar club from 2001

98 HDM Church

EPC Short Run 2012

09 Monte #2

Undercrown Corona (LIga Privada with training-wheels) These cigars sorta suck, IMHO.

Viaje Exclusivo Lancero