What are you smokin'?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a 50 count box of Topper Old Fashioned Xtra Oscuros. I really like these little black machine made perfectos. Especially in the summer months. I recommend them.

I have enjoyed, and suffered through, hundreds of brands over the years. Hoyo De Monterrey Rothchild EMS was my everyday. While I wouldn't say I'm "over" cigars I am definitely a bit tired of them at this point. That may change. For now though, I just enjoy my Toppers every few days or so between pipes.

Picked up a tin of the Casa Magna Colorado sanchos. I think the shorter cigar works better than the rocket sized ones. Quality smoke either way.

Fuente's Maduros used to be my favorite smokes, but they are very inconsistent at best. The stick I had Saturday was very tasty, but construction was a bit of a problem (thick veins in the wrapper, very toothy, uneven burn). I had a few 858's a while ago that were not very flavorful, very flat tasting actually, but the construction was perfect. I guess I continue to purchase Fuente's because they are a like a comfortable old shoe. My favorite Grand Reserve Maduro is the Canones. That particular size allows for very nice rich flavor development and that perfect dark maduro sweetness that just lasts and lasts. Those really float my boat. Unfortunately I never have time for a 2 hour smoke anymore so I settle for the smaller sizes. [/quote]

IMHO the Fuentes are overproduce and they've gotten very inconsistent. The last Canones I smoked was tighter than a drum and it made smoking it a chore.

About to spark an 09 Trini Robusto Extra habano.

Perfect weather to truly enjoy such a smoke!

Tim_Haggerty":909pkbj3 said:
IMHO the Fuentes are overproduce and they've gotten very inconsistent. The last Canones I smoked was tighter than a drum and it made smoking it a chore.
That's really too bad. The only thing worse that a cigar with a tight draw is a huge cigar with a tight draw. I think it's safe to say that I'll be pursuing some different brands in the future.

I'm not a big cigar smoker but do indulge on ce in a while.
Olivia serie V Churchill

Like Tech, I'm not much of a cigar guy, either. I keep a humidor with about 30 cigars on hand (much more convenient to enjoy floating around the pool).

Anyway, had a Punch Rare Corrojo yesterday evening. Loved it. Planning to have another one later this afternoon.

Casa Magna Domus Magna "Primus" EL (better than last year's batch, wow!)

07 Boli Belicosos Finos (awesome)

Behike54":yoi4ktzw said:
I just tried one of these myself. Very impressed. Rings the same bell as Padron for 1/3 of the price.

Dave_In_Philly":vfzks1bw said:
Behike54":vfzks1bw said:
I just tried one of these myself. Very impressed. Rings the same bell as Padron for 1/3 of the price.

Agreed and I am glad Manny is getting some much overdue recognition.

Finally, you are spot on about the Padron, the ONLY thing I would add is that the Domus us much more complex. The Padron is a GREAT one note wonder and sometimes that is what I want and need, but the DM just keeps building and evolving. I have already gone through a box this year and every one had been a delight. INCREDIBLE.

ANOTHER 08 BRC

This box is gonna go quick. 08 has been a great year for EVERYTHING.

Cohiba robusto with Rare Breed on the side...Nice combo...

Yesterday: 08 Bolivar Gigantes

Today: 11 Partagas PSD # 5 (young but filled with promise. gonna be GREAT in 3 years, superb in 5)

Behike54":j1fed9bd said:
ANOTHER 08 BRC

This box is gonna go quick. 08 has been a great year for EVERYTHING.
Tell me about it. I smoked the first when the doc told us we were having a boy, he was born in March, so that was probably last fall(ish) I only have 4 left! :affraid:

I have a box of 2011 Boli PCs that will end up without any age at all at this rate. Smoking great ROTT. I just love these quick little smokes. Perfect for that little window between when the kid falls asleep and I have to start getting things ready for the next day.

Morning cigar of a Perdomo Estate Seleccion Vintage... I can't get enough of 'em... Black coffee on the side.
Zach