What Are You Smoking JimInks?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Ascorti is just quirky enough. And I love the blasted Barling!

I'm happy I can now finally get context for some of the pipes you refer to in your numerous posts! :cheers: 

This D'Agento is a good smoker that I bought in 1980, but I doubt I've smoked more than a dozen times because I'm usually working and this is not a clencher. There are two brass spots on the rim.

This is a 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog.

A Butz-Choquin Maitre Pipier JR Fait Main with a horn ferrule.

Damn, JimInks you have some fine looking pipes...love that old wood.  Lots of different designs...you've been collecting for years, I presume?

pepesdad1":f6dotcob said:
Damn, JimInks you have some fine looking pipes...love that old wood.  Lots of different designs...you've been collecting for years, I presume?
Thank you for the nice words. Yes, I've been a pipe smoker since the summer of 1974. I didn't start out to be a collector, and had not thought of myself as one until my then-girlfriend pointed it out to me in the mid-1980s. "That's a great collection!" You'd think I'd already realized I had a collection, though I hadn't considered myself a collector. I was a smoker; never thought of it beyond that. I probably had about 80 at the time. I have more than 200 now, though a number of them (the Ardors and most of the Rinaldos) I inherited when one of my best friends passed away. I can't smoke them out in my lifetime, but sometimes I see a pipe and really want to buy it. But I resist the temptation. I haven't bought a new one in years, and so long as my resolve holds out, and my bank account complains, I won't!

Jim, I love that Barling!! Do you still want it? I mean it's so old and all you might be tired of it now. I'll take it. ;) 

MisterE":1w20rt9h said:
Jim, I love that Barling!! Do you still want it? I mean it's so old and all you might be tired of it now. I'll take it. ;) 
That depends on how well behaved your first born is! :lol!: 

2002 carmel colored medium bend paneled sandbasted Rinaldo Egea Megas 04.

How did I miss the Butz-Choquin..

....First born you say...any particular age group?  Gender?  I better quit before I have the PC police on my ass.

Jim

I have a Caminetto spool much like this-

p1020311.jpg

My bowl is a bit taller, but otherwise it's the same design. The shank is stamped 2003, and I picked it up as an estate. Terrific smoker.

Great minds, eh?

:drunken: 

Cheers,

RR

OK Jim, I'm greener than cooked canned spinach with envy. They are some lovely pipes. BTW my first born is very well behaved. I'll trade her for just one stem from any pipe, your choice. She's here and just saw me write this. OUCH!
A slight love tap on the head.

AJ

Better watch out Aj.....the womenfolk have a way of remembering..sort of like Pepe.

4-Noggins Double Fantasy in a Comoy Grand Slam pencil shanked billiard.

ajn27511":zefsqsz8 said:
OK Jim, I'm greener than cooked canned spinach with envy. They are some lovely pipes. BTW my first born is very well behaved. I'll trade her for just one stem from any pipe, your choice. She's here and just saw me write this. OUCH!
A slight love tap on the head.

AJ
LOL!!!!!!

Left to right: 2001 Ural lattice Rhodesian with a yellow stem with white swirls. 2003 paneled black grain relief medium bend Karl Erik Ekstravagant freehand sitter with a smooth rim. 2003 black sandblasted medium bend Karl Erik Ekstravagant blowfish. 2001 Rinaldo Sahara 2 Acorn round at the shank, pointy at the opposite top.

Another view of the Karl Erik blowfish and the Rinaldo.

Anybody want to hazard a guess as to the name of the shape of the first Karl Erik? I've never been sure if there is a name for it.

Late night bowl of religion, some Presbyterian in my Peretii strait grained bent bulldog. It's Algerian briar, oil cured and made by the folks who make Edward's s pipes so it is GOOD !! :twisted: 

Ok, I just tried for an hour to upload a picture from my phone. Couldn't do it. Lemme see if I can figure this out. :x 

Monbia: great looking pipe! You've posted it before, but it never hurts to see it again.