What Are You Smoking JimInks?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mejoshee":87vfysfj said:
Ok, maybe this is overblown, but I think the man deserves his own thread.

I think it would also give him a chance to tell the world what exactly he does for a living that he can smoke & post all the time. :shock:8)
Heh. Sometimes I read when I can't smoke to live vicariously through him and PeterD. That guy also smokes a fair bit. :) 

Pepe's Favorite in a Stanwell Jubilee #30.

Jim and PeterD have the most fun....but they earned that pleasure.

4-Noggins Killington in a Comoy Golden Grain Canadian. Wonderful smoke!

4-Noggins Killington in a Comoy Grand Slam pencil shanked billiard.

Top to bottom:
2002 three quarter bend paneled light brown sandblasted Ardor Urano Fatta A Mano square shaped bulldog sitter.

2002 straight paneled black sandblasted Ardor Urano Dublin.

2002 full bend black sandblasted Ardor Urano with the initials D.R.

2003 black sandblast full bend D.R. Ardor Urano John Eells Giant Fatta A Mano Egg.

2000 D.R. Ardor Urano Ninfea Fatta A Mano author with a silver spigot military bit. I need to polish the silver on this one.

Another view of the first pipe in the last picture I posted.

Top to bottom:
The first pipe I posted earlier: D.R. Ardor Urano John Eells Giant Fatta A Mano Egg.

This one is unsmoked. 2003 Ardor Urano 44 with a silver band signed by Dorelio Rovera.

2000 thin stem rusticated black silver band spigot Ardor Urano S. Holmes #68/100 D.R. briar calabash with a smooth flared top. Gotta clean the silver on this one, too.

Top to bottom:
2002 smooth natural straight silver banded Ardor Venere Extra Fatta A Mano Maigret, signed by Dorelio Rovera.

2003 smooth medium bent straight grain Ardor Venere Extra signed by Dorelio Rovera.

2003 medium bent straight grain Two dot 2 P. Ardor Venere Extra  Bucaneve with a silver ferrule signed by Dorelio Rovera.

Other pics of the same pipes:

Top to bottom:
2003 smooth three quarter bend Fiammata Odissea Titania 02 Silver Line 3 Rinaldo Straight Grain egg.

2002 medium bend eight sided panel top straight grain Rinaldo Collection Silver Line F Egea 05 Titania bulldog.

2002 smooth Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn.

2002 medium bend smooth Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10.

Mother of pearl! Those Ardor's are amazing! Quite the beautiful collection of em brother.

Draagha":3cyjbgs0 said:
Mother of pearl! Those Ardor's are amazing! Quite the beautiful collection of em brother.
Thank you. They are very cherished by me. Most of the Ardors and Rinaldos were inherited when my friend, who was like a brother to me, died. I smoke them in his memory.

JimInks":4gj564rd said:
Draagha":4gj564rd said:
Thank you. They are very cherished by me. Most of the Ardors and Rinaldos were inherited when my friend, who was like a brother to me, died. I smoke them in his memory.
I'm sure he'd be happy you cherish them and use them in his honor. He certainly had an awesome taste in pipes.

They're even cooler to me now that I know the sentimental value of them.

I hope they bring you many more hours of relaxation and joy, brother.

2013 slight bend grain blasted briar Rekamepip Volcano with a walnut shank.

Clockwise: 1980 raw sienna light relief Rossi 1886 Visconte 245 Oom Paul with an Amber colored stem. 1970s slight bend black sandblasted Comoy's Silver Cloud 624. 1990's full bend Tim West ball. 1981 Briar Workshop round volcano signed by Elliott Nachwalter.

Clockwise: 1979 large calabash briar 221-B Baker Street made in Israel. 1980 black rusticated rough top Jobey E27 Stromboli extra egg-shaped poker. Upshall/Tilshead pot with the JU stamp. 1986 pebble relief Aldo Velani Titan 33 briar Oom Paul/Calabash.

Clockwise: 1976 Canadian GBD Seventy Six 256. 2004 smooth long stem Canadian Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3. 1980 smooth slight bend, long stem Prince no name 97, made by Charatan. Savinelli Hercules 115EX pot. The first pipe Trever Talbot made when he went to France many years ago. It's a smooth straight Algerian briar Billiard bowl with a long Canadian stem, unbranded. 2003 Stanwell Golden Danish 56 Rusticated Canadian.

Close up of the T.T. pipe.

Clockwise: 1979 Becker M 4 heart brandy. 2003 smooth full bend, gold banded 3 Star Ferndown Tudor Root. 2 star Ferndown Bark Prince with a Cumberland stem. 2002 Ser Jacopo Delecta Fatta A Mano R1 sandblast Rhodesian with a smooth extension at the shank. 2003 medium bend straight grain Viggo Nielsen sitter with a Cumberland-like acrylic stem. 1997 Brebbia Jubilee 925 silver banded grain sandblast briar calabash.

Clockwise: 2000 Winslow C silver spigot. Radice Rind three quarter bend sandblast egg with a bamboo-style carving on the shank. 2002 black pebble finish straight Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano Billiard. 2003 Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano nose warmer. Radice full bend crossgrain/ bird's eye 2 dot Clear. Radice Tiger Eye G medium bend pipe with a bamboo-style carving on the shank.

Clockwise: 1978 slight bend CAO Turk's Head Meer. 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer. 1982 three quarter bend meer with a smiling turbaned Turk's head.

Close up of the 1978 Meer.

Unsmoked meer. date and maker unknown

Clockwise: 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl. 2003 URAL full bend big bowl egg shaped Lattice meer. 2001 Ural lattice Rhodesian with a yellow stem with white swirls. 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer. 2003 IMP horn Meer. Unsmoked medium bend 2003 IMP panel meer.

1980 three quarter bend briar Butz-Choquin 55 skull bowl pipe.

Clockwise: 2012 Rekamepip made Sugar Barrel pipe. 2013 black Rekamepip Rock Cob poker. 2013 medium bend Spillproof corndog cob. 1990's Grenci medium bend freehand. 1983 medium bend, mostly smooth, bottom rusticated Butz-Choquin Maitre Pipier 3 Fait Main. 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot.

Clockwise: 1978 smooth pointy bottom three quarter bend Sir Brent, shaped like a check mark. 1998 Parker 489 three quarter bend Billiard. 1977 Medley (GBD second) medium bend billiard with a flat underside. 1970s smooth three quarter bend XXX Danish Sovereign 324 sitter. early '70s Stanwell Design Choice 837 sitter with a vulcanite ferrule. 1970s slight bend smooth Danish Sovereign XXX 309 with a flat front sitter. 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49.

Clockwise: 1979 Ascorti Business KS Oom Paul. 1979 pebble relief Verona Corallo 3080 natural Oom Paul. 1979 signed Rossi Oom Paul 1886 natural. 1980s Lorenzo churchwarden. 1980 smooth Lorenzo Ambra 803 Oom Paul with a lucite stem. 1990 smooth Irish Second (Peterson) Oom Paul. 1981 Mauro Armellini Corteccia 05 Oom Paul.

Clockwise: 9 of my 13 Petersons. 2003 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baskerville. 2002 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton. 1987 Peterson first series Sherlock Holmes full bend with a sliver band. 2001 smooth full bend St. Patrick's Day Peterson 03. 1988 smooth full bend Peterson System Standard XL 315. 1990s smooth Peterson Captain Pete XL80 bulldog. 1998 smooth medium bend Peterson Limerick 69 with a nickel band. 1980 medium bend black sandblasted Peterson Donegal 805 Bulldog with a silver band. 1986 smooth Peterson Kildare 999 Rhodesian.

Clockwise: 1979 Aalborg natural freehand made by Nording. 2003 medium bend Nording 4 rough top sitter with a small rusticated area at the top left.  1983 Jobey Danski 2 straight grain freehand rough top sitter. 1990 smooth medium bend Nording freehand sitter with a wider top than bottom that also has a ridge and a narrower bowl resembling an upside down spout, with an amber colored lucite stem with cream swirls. 1975 smooth slight bend Tinderbox Aalborg freehand made by Nording. 2003 matte finish Karl Erik freehand.  2002 medium bend smooth straight grain Karl Erik freehand.

Ben Wades clockwise: Ben Wade Martinique freehand sitter with a wide top. 1970s medium bend smooth Ben Wade Golden Walnut. 1979 Ben Wade Golden Matt freehand sitter. 1983 Ben Wade Duo 65 Smooth Poker. Undated Preben Holm Ben Wade Prominence B freehand. Ben Wade Prominence freehand with the letter A and the numeral 2 in circles.

Dunhills clockwise: Mid-late 1930s straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair. 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051. 1984 black sandblasted straight Dunhill Shell 4103 Billiard. 1985 Dunhill Chestnut 5202 with a cumberland stem. Undated (1970s?) unbranded straight paneled Dunhill second. 1975 three quarter bend black Dunhill Shell. 1968 group 4S Dunhill Shell 475 cherrywood. 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog. 1949 medium bend Dunhill Shell.