What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
… earlier... McC FMC...then, Sutliff Revelation Match...now, SG Skiff Mixture in a '13 gp.4 Dunhill Bruyere billiard...last of the coffee...

… earlier...LC Virginia & Oriental...now, Sutliff RR Match in a Don Carlos blast Canadian...coffee on the side...

Some very nice Pebble Castle blended by our own Wiz, in the estate Brebbia Plum 'bash this afternoon. Had a half bowl since it's 107F outside and that makes it hard to enjoy it beyond a certain point. Not smoking inside anymore.

Cheers,

RR

… earlier...Sutliff Field & Stream Match...then, Sutliff Elizabethan Match...now, C&D Black Frigate in a commissioned Cooper smooth Dublin with plateau...last of the coffee...

… earlier Sutliff Holiday Match...now, CH in a Savinelli brown Alligator Author (320 KS)… coffee on the side...

Mississippi River w/ ice water.

Also, I hope all is good with Jim. It’s weird not seeing his posts in the thread.

… earlier...Lane Burley & Black...now, LC Natural Virginia in a Castello KKKK Trademark billiard...coffee as usual...

SourMilk":e5i3nv66 said:

Also, I hope all is good with Jim. It’s weird not seeing his posts in the thread.
I'm fine. I'm taking a break from posting smokes because I see too much of me here, and not enough of other smokers. I know some people check out this thread, but they don't post their smokes, and their company would be very welcome here. When I see so many of my smokes in a row so much of the time, I get very self conscious about it. I'm more interested in what others smoke than in what I smoke, because I obviously know what pipe tobacco I am smoking. I'd much prefer doing this in the company of our fellow forum members.

JimInks":c52ouotd said:
SourMilk":c52ouotd said:

I'm fine. I'm taking a break from posting smokes because I see too much of me here, and not enough of other smokers. I know some people check out this thread, but they don't post their smokes, and their company would be very welcome here. When I see so many of my smokes in a row so much of the time, I get very self conscious about it. I'm more interested in what others smoke than in what I smoke, because I obviously know what pipe tobacco I am smoking. I'd much prefer doing this in the company of our fellow forum members.
Good! ... I wish others would chime in as well.

I don’t keep notes of what blends I choose besides this thread and I like to look back to see if there’s any patterns to my choices.

I’m gonna start adding my pipe selection as well as I’ve finally started to notice the differences they bring out.

SourMilk":6btf2ttx said:
JimInks":6btf2ttx said:
SourMilk":6btf2ttx said:

Good! ... I wish others would chime in as well.

I don’t keep notes of what blends I choose besides this thread and I like to look back to see if there’s any patterns to my choices.

I’m gonna start adding my pipe selection as well as I’ve finally started to  notice the differences they bring out.
When you widen the range of pipes, don't stick to just one company. As Moe used to say to Curly and Larry: "Spread out!" :D

I’ve finally a spicy kiolbasa and lentil stew going and while that’s cooking I’m enjoying some Solani Silver Flake in a rusticated bent Tinsky Dublin. With ice water.

Wilke crystal palace in a Don Marshall
14471_B34_1_C5_F_4745_8_A77_EE80944_D3834.jpg

JimInks":go9zsqge said:
SourMilk":go9zsqge said:

I get it Jim.

For my part, most of my routine is exactly that - whereby I follow the same pattern, more or less, for most of my week. Predictable blends, predictable pipes. You know the routine (or maybe you don't).

When I feel like I've altered the rotation (such as it is) or have shaken things up, then I'll post. But to just repeat what I said yesterday, the day before, and the day before that........well you get it.

Not that there aren't many new blends/pipes/combinations yet to discover. Heaven forbid. Yet sometimes there's just that security of a well familiar blend in an old favorite pipe. that's all I'm saying.........

;)

Cheers,

RR

… earlier...PS #84 Turkish...then, SWR('81)….now, CH in a RD Pipe smooth Author...last of the coffee...

Brewdude":wvybgg5t said:
JimInks":wvybgg5t said:
SourMilk":wvybgg5t said:

I get it Jim.

For my part, most of my routine is exactly that - whereby I follow the same pattern, more or less, for most of my week. Predictable blends, predictable pipes. You know the routine (or maybe you don't).

When I feel like I've altered the rotation (such as it is) or have shaken things up, then I'll post. But to just repeat what I said yesterday, the day before, and the day before that........well you get it.

Not that there aren't many new blends/pipes/combinations yet to discover. Heaven forbid. Yet sometimes there's just that security of a well familiar blend in an old favorite pipe. that's all I'm saying.........

;)

Cheers,

RR
I understand, but frankly, I'd much rather see repetition rather than once in a while. Company is important no matter what you smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.