What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning my friends and fellow BoBs 😊.
Well what a night that was in old blighty last night. Many parts of the UK had over a months worth of rain in only 6 hours, with incredibly violent thunderstorms. The river that runs through my village burst its banks, and a huge torrent of water flooded the main street causing untold amounts of damage. Fortunately for me, my house is atop of the hill and was spared. But I will be down at the village on clean up duty for most of the week, not that I can do much physically, but I am capable of at least serving tea, sandwiches and soups. It all helps I guess. So as you can imagine, I won't be posting so much, but I'll still be reading your posts, so keep them coming boys.
Anyway before I get back to my efforts to help out, I'll grab a quick smoke of Condor in a small Captain Black BK17 billiard, and wish you all a great day my friends.
Zip,

Good on you for trying to be helpful in the disaster that has befallen your town. Let me wish you and your fellow residents all the best and a quick recovery.

Carl

Just about a quarter of a bowl left of year 2012 Carter Hall in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 437/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
View attachment 12893

The new little Striped cat showed up, and I managed to get a photo of him/her. Our regular Shy Stripesy never looked pregnant so I suspect it is the little sister of the Shy one.
View attachment 12892
That cat looks a lot like Duncan. The only major difference is the narrow white surrounding the eyes.

Not far from finishing this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Tonight at 9 p.m. EST, Bill Cox will live stream an interview with me about comic book history on YouTube. Here's a link to his Comic Art Live page on YouTube. Click on my image, and you'll be directed to the program.
https://www.youtube.com/@ComicArtLive

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am half way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

A third of a bowl left of year 2012 E-soterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Just finished cleaning a few pipes. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

A couple of minutes away from smoking year 2013 FVF in a much cherished smooth, brown straight grain three quarter bend 1979 Becker M 4 heart brandy with a black acrylic saddle stem. This will last a while. :)
BeckerM_4heart_brandy .jpg

Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Going to watch the Braves-Phillies game until my interview at 9, and will DVR the rest of the game.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a year 2021 straight black sandblasted Peterson Ragaire 150 bulldog with a unmounted army mount tapered acrylic cumberland fish tail stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Getting a couple of things done before the broadcast.
Peterson_Ragaire_bulldog150 .jpg

Just finished watching "Another Side of JimInks" on YouTube, it was a fun interview with some interesting stories and even some pipe talk! Just loaded up a Rob Roy with GLP Kensington to start with the news and finish while doing morning chores.

Almost finished smoking year 2020 Mac Baren Scottish Mixture in a straight, smooth brown 1960s Lane era Charatan Special 38 bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Smoked several bowls during that almost two YouTube interview, but I have to make up some work time, so I can't post anything else today. See you folks tomorrow.
1960s_Lane_Charatan_Special38_bulldog.jpg