What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drucquer Levant in a Nording Extra freehand dublin with Earl Gray tea. Rather warm in the garage nook but didn't feel like fighting the gnats outside. Garage seems empty without the Camaro. 2002 Z28 convertible with an LS6 engine. 200 mph car. Bought it for 20K used in late 2002. Just wasn't driving it enough. Sold it today for 18K. Not bad. Cost me 2K to drive it for 21 years, lol. That and another 2K should buy the 2014 Road King CVO that I want, lol.

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking year 2002 Reiner Long Golden Flake in a smooth dark brown quarter bend 1950s Comoy’s Blue Riband 187 yachtsman with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just heard that Brooks Robinson passed away today. RIP to the greatest third baseman that I ever saw. I was fortunate enough to spend a little time with him on three occasions including once on the radio when I did a talk show back in the 1980s, early 90s.
Comoy's_B.R._yachtsman187.jpg

First smoke in this unfiltered Dr. Grabow billiard I won on eBay, I've gotten 2 unsmoked pipes from the same seller for an extremely reasonable price, still in their "pipes and cigars.com" boxes lol.

The weight and draw are awesome in this so far, I think the "unfiltered" versions draw better than the filtered version, with or without a filter.

Pork chops on the grill with a caprese salad and fresh bread for dinner

20230926_201155.jpg

Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Did a bit of snacking, fed the ferals, and my cats, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of 70s, 80s Balkan Sobranie in a brown medium bend 2002 Ser Jacopo Delecta Fatta A Mano R1 sandblast Rhodesian with a smooth extension at the shank with a military mount and a tapered black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Ser_Jacopo_DelectaR1_rhodesian.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am nearing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. I may end the day with this smoke. Reading baseball box scores.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

Passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2017 Velvet in a tan sandblasted paneled quarter bend 2001 Rinaldo Sahara 2 scoop with a pointed front and a tapered black acrylic stem. I'll end the day with this smoke.
Rinaldo_Scoop.jpg

Even though it's raining, that young, gray, striped cat was here tonight. I went outside and it ran to the end of the deck. I talked to it, and put down some dry food, and it got over its fear of me enough to get between my feet to eat. I rubbed and scratched her and as I did that, I was able to determine it's a girl. What I did not like was that her tail was bobbed and behind was shaved. That seems like she's been fixed, but why bob her tail? Anyway, I spent quite a bit of time giving her affection, which she loved. She head butted my hand over half a dozen times, and marked me more than a dozen times, and rolled around on the deck several times. She purred a lot, and when she wanted more attention, she meowed to me. I had to keep her from Abner the Eager's food, and when they were close, I rubbed on both of them at the same time hoping they would realize that they can be friends with each other. I had to pick her up three times when she tried to eat Abner's food, and she did not object at all. In fact, two of those three times, she purred. She also kept going to the back door, so she's obviously used to being inside a house. I've no idea where she came from, but I think she'll get over her fear now. I can see that she's a sweetie. I guess I'll have to have my camera ready to take more pics. Wish I had done that this time.
Ms.Stripes_Food_LatMe.jpg

Last edited:
Gawith Hoggarth Bosun Plug in a small medico straight dublin (first picture), decided to include some pictures of the new pipe project I just got in the mail. A KBB marked yello-bole stem-biter billiard, I cleaned the stem and mortise first and now it's under a heat lamp to dry out the cake as much as possible before I "ream" it down to bare wood and top it. This one is in very good shape. I haven't smoked a stem-biter before so I was worried the stem had been bitten through when I unpacked it lol, but it is easily the most comfortably shaped mouthpiece I have tried yet, so I'll be looking out for more of them!

View attachment 13008View attachment 13009View attachment 13010View attachment 13011
I'm always amazed at the nice grain on these pipes. Some things I've read said the company had a major briar supply back in the day. I like the Yello-Boles a bit better than Kaywoodie due to it being easier to narrow down a date range. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Good Morning,
It's just over 40° this morning and chores are done. Just finishing last night's Westminster and starting a k-cup of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee. Loaded and ready is a Rob Roy filled with GLP Abingdon.
Bali, where do you buy that. It sounds interesting but I never see it around here.

Passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2017 Velvet in a tan sandblasted paneled quarter bend 2001 Rinaldo Sahara 2 scoop with a pointed front and a tapered black acrylic stem. I'll end the day with this smoke.
View attachment 13022

Even though it's raining, that young, gray, striped cat was here tonight. I went outside and it ran to the end of the deck. I talked to it, and put down some dry food, and it got over its fear of me enough to get between my feet to eat. I rubbed and scratched her and as I did that, I was able to determine it's a girl. What I did not like was that her tail was bobbed and behind was shaved. That seems like she's been fixed, but why bob her tail? Anyway, I spent quite a bit of time giving her affection, which she loved. She head butted my hand over half a dozen times, and marked me more than a dozen times, and rolled around on the deck several times. She purred a lot, and when she wanted more attention, she meowed to me. I had to keep her from Abner the Eager's food, and when they were close, I rubbed on both of them at the same time hoping they would realize that they can be friends with each other. I had to pick her up three times when she tried to eat Abner's food, and she did not object at all. In fact, two of those three times, she purred. She also kept going to the back door, so she's obviously used to being inside a house. I've no idea where she came from, but I think she'll get over her fear now. I can see that she's a sweetie. I guess I'll have to have my camera ready to take more pics. Wish I had done that this time.
View attachment 13021
Jim, I'm not a "cat person" but I do appreciate the way you take care of yours, especially the ferals.

Good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs 😊.
Still cleaning up the village, which has been mostly cleared of debris, fallen trees and floating cars. But everywhere in the high street stinks of damp and silt. I guess that will take some time to get rid of. And is going to cost shop keepers a fortune to refit, and replace sodden stock.
But enough of all that, let's get back to the pipe and weed. Today I'm going to squeeze in a bowl of Rangers Urban Cowboy in a Savinelli Oscar 510 KS aged briar Bulldog. Then I'm taking over Burger flipping duties on an electric griddle my mate rigged up last week. As always i hope everyone has a awesome day 😊

Good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs 😊.
Still cleaning up the village, which has been mostly cleared of debris, fallen trees and floating cars. But everywhere in the high street stinks of damp and silt. I guess that will take some time to get rid of. And is going to cost shop keepers a fortune to refit, and replace sodden stock.
But enough of all that, let's get back to the pipe and weed. Today I'm going to squeeze in a bowl of Rangers Urban Cowboy in a Savinelli Oscar 510 KS aged briar Bulldog. Then I'm taking over Burger flipping duties on an electric griddle my mate rigged up last week. As always i hope everyone has a awesome day 😊
Good on you for helping out buddy.

Good on you for helping out buddy.
It's the least I can do buddy, the whole community are really pulling as one, one old boy says it reminds him of the blitz they had in London when he was a lad, how everyone came together then, and could still find joy working in total carnage. Kind of lesson there I think.

Passing the half way mark on this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo's show even though he's not there today. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg