What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking year 2017 Esoterica Dorchester in a straight smooth brown 1920s KBB Rocky Briar 1582 patent no.298978 with a B in a circle bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
KBB Kaywoodie_Rocky1582-bulldog.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty Snap Dragon apple, finished work for the day as well as this bowl of D&R Penhooker Silver in a straight smooth brown undated pre-Republic Peterson Shamrock 263 Canadian with a nickel band and a tapered black p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Shamrock263.jpg

Near the first third of this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a late '80s, early 90s small bend medium brown smooth, unbranded Nording pot with a couple small rusticated spots, an amber colored acrylic ferrule and tapered stem in the military mount style.
Nording_pot_unbranded.jpg

I rubbed the heads and backs of three of Sam the Scamp’s babies who were awake. One of the orange babies licked a couple of my fingers. Sam is always vigilant when we pay attention to her littles. I try to rub her while I rub them, and Sam purrs her approval. We’ve given Sam several breaks today, but I haven’t let her go outside the last three days. I’m taking no chances.
SamHoldsBaby1.jpg

NoseSniff2.jpg

Sam_Lap2.jpg

Finished reading baseball box scores, and am close to finishing his bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Going to put Sam the Scamp back with her babies, and go to bed as soon as this smoke is finished.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Last edited:
Good Morning!
Lynda did the chores and I slept in! I got a message that some of my labs were ready so I logged in expecting the worst and so far was proved wrong. My fasting glucose and uric acid were both slightly high and potassium was almost over the high mark. Now I can relax and enjoy GLP Westminster in a Pride and a cup of coffee.

This pipe is the same as a Dunhill 120 gr 4, just labeled as a second - I can't see why, but that's the grader's prerogative
Hi William
I have a large collection of Parkers, and there is a couple of them, that for the life of me, I can see no reason why they never passed Dunhills QC. Other than the grader was a "jobs worth" having a real bad day 🤣

Last edited:
There's been alot of activity on the forum today!

@lgoldberg, @Singed @William Ziegler
I had a tense conversation with him this afternoon and he claims he pays for that service, I'll see if he disconnects or shows me the bill.

@Ranger107
I'm thinking of breaking with tradition and starting taxes before April Fool's Day.

@Zippo
Hope to see your piping posts soon!

@Eutychus
When I was restarting pipe smoking my shopping for something similar to what I smoked years before failed. Luckily I found a bunch of tobaccos that I enjoy!

There's been alot of activity on the forum today!
@lgoldberg, @Singed @William Ziegler
I had a tense conversation with him this afternoon and he claims he pays for that service, I'll see if he disconnects or shows me the bill.

@Ranger107
I'm thinking of breaking with tradition and starting taxes before April Fool's Day.

@Zippo
Hope to see your piping posts soon!

@Eutychus
When I was restarting pipe smoking my shopping for something similar to what I smoked years before failed. Luckily I found a bunch of tobaccos that I enjoy!
Interaction at its finest Bali 👌

Old Gowrie that I put away in 05 in one of my Benchmade pipes that I turned in the late 70s. Not quite a large billiard - maybe a volcano - with barked sq shank. It has nice birdseye on the bottom and straight grain. At my desk working. Decalf coffee and SXM radio - the Elvis channel. Good Friday got here. Blessed Easter BoBs.
20240329_095647_compress4.jpg
20240329_094228_compress51.jpg

Hi William
I have a large collection of Parkers, and their is a couple of them, that for the life of me, I can see no reason why they never passed Dunhills QC. Other than the grader was a "jobs worth" having a real bad day 🤣
Or it was late on Friday and a little whisky had been opened. On a serious note, I think they may have had a quota to fill for Parker.

Back to no smoke for me, I just can't seem to shift this horrendous dang cough. 😫.
Ranger mate, I'm glad to see Carole is on the mend, now let's work on you getting back on Cochise.
Everyone else, have a great Easter my friends 😀
I should be okay in a couple of days. They just said be careful not to cause the puncture site to open up and start bleeding. Meant to post this yesterday but got interrupted.

Good morning BoBs. Having CS Choctaw in a Lorenzo Old Vic giant smooth bent billiard and morning coffee. Augie laying in my lap. Wifey playing fetch with Charlie. Sunny day but very windy. Have a mini horse event at the park later this morning. Have a great day everyone.

A third of a bowl left of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg