What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While waiting for a late lunch, I enjoyed a big and tasty golden delicious apple, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. All the ferals and my cats have been fed, and Sam the Scamp is by my side. Watching the Brewers-Mets game.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with unsalted peanuts and a Snap Dragon apple on the side. I'm close to the last quarter of this bowl of Watch City English Ernie-ental in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Phillies game.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg

A third of a bowl left of Dreaming Pipes Mount Tai in an undated, unbranded straight lattice meerschaum military mount with a silver cap and tapered yellow acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Unbranded MM meer.jpg

Decided to have some Va Slices in my Rossi Canadian. This pipe will be called my little Canadian when my current order arrives ... stay tuned.

I have to look into getting a Lampe Berger, it's a distinctive part of smoking decor.

Attachments

• Rossi Rubino Antico Canadian 802.JPG
    Rossi Rubino Antico Canadian 802.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Now smoking year 2021 first production Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

Appetizer smoke is D&R Windsail in an MM Morgan. I bought this for my wife to try in her tube pipes and I decided to take it on a test drive. Not an interesting smoke and I'm getting a bit of tongue bite.
I've never experienced that with Windsail, which to me, has a nice, mild to medium darker bright Va. flavor. I wonder if the new owners changed it? I've heard a few complaints ever since Mark Ryan sold the company. I'm just glad I heavily stocked up on D&R before that happened.

After dinner smokeView attachment 17054 will be in another of my Benchmade pipes. A Lovat with a twisted shank and vulcanite tapered bit. No pits, but some birdseye and flat grain. MB Golden Extra. Dinner of meat balls in sauce with Brussel sprouts with a Friday whisky.
What brand is Friday whiskey. Never heard of it, lol.

I've never experienced that with Windsail, which to me, has a nice, mild to medium darker bright Va. flavor. I wonder if the new owners changed it? I've heard a few complaints ever since Mark Ryan sold the company. I'm just glad I heavily stocked up on D&R before that happened.
Whoa!! When did Mark sell D&R? I'm behind once again!!! Haven't made a TAPS get together in a while!! FTRPLT

Pre dinner smoke before heading out to fish and chips at our favorite country diner. Having another experimental blend. Kellys Coin, CH, and some black cav in a Design Berlin bent apple sans filter. Not too bad. Was going to call this Ramrod, but will save that for a blend I want to reproduce. Since this is a one off not to be repeated, let's call it stray heifer, lol. English black tea on the side.

I have many single malts to choose from - sorta like pipe tobacco. The Spirit will move me. What's your favorite?
Actually I like Costco's blended Scotch. I find many of the single malts a bit too peaty for me. I do have several bourbons to choose from, a favorite being Evan Williams Honey bourbon.

Actually I like Costco's blended Scotch. I find many of the single malts a bit too peaty for me. I do have several bourbons to choose from, a favorite being Evan Williams Honey bourbon.
I haven't eaten yet, but before dinner having a Cutty Sark. I like its light lemon taste. After dinner Lagavulin 16 yr or Argbeg, maybe Compass Box Peat Monster. I also like Jack. Well see.

Now smoking Watch City SEPC McClouxgaroux 2023 in a 1920s-30s Grant’s Pipe Shop Corinthian Deluxe 409 (made by Comoy’s) smooth brown medium bend bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This private small batch club blend is Rouxgaroux made with vintage McClelland tobaccos.
Grant’s_Pipe_Shop_CorinthianDeluxe_bulldog409.jpg

Whoa!! When did Mark sell D&R? I'm behind once again!!! Haven't made a TAPS get together in a while!! FTRPLT
Mark sold a majority stake in the company in the Fall of 2020. I knew about it for months, and Mark made me an offer that was too good to refuse to buy what I wanted at cheap prices, so I did that. Among other blends, I cleaned him out on the Raccoon series and VIP, all of which had been discontinued and are my favorite D&R blends.