What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Near the last quarter of this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a late '80s, early 90s small bend medium brown smooth, unbranded Nording pot with a couple small rusticated spots, an amber colored acrylic ferrule and tapered stem in the military mount style.
Nording_pot_unbranded.jpg

The shy orange tabby is getting more social although it's taken a little work. He spent three hours snoozin' on my lap today. The other scampers rinsed and repeated their playful antics. Every time Long Tail and one of the orange tabbies get on top of the playpen, they watch baseball. Three of them can get out of the playpen now. Sometimes, they pounce on momma Sam, and she watchfully works over time to get them to settle down. Sam has a lot of patience, but her highly charged scampers wear her out after a while. At least all of them are litter box trained, and eating dry food when they aren’t weaning.

Daisy the Feral Princess keeps wanting to go outside, but every time I opened the door, she saw it was raining, and ran back to the couch. Abner the Eager was here four times, and got food and attention outside. Harry the Hairy showed up once to gorge his ever loving’ brains out during a short break in the rain. Still no sign of Tomato the Brave.

This is Long Tail.
LTPerchWalk3.jpg

LT&OTBraves1.jpg

LT&OTBraves3.jpg

BabyFight4.jpg

Near the last third of this bowl of year 2016 Wessex Gold Brick in an undated straight black sandblasted Kevin Arthur brandy with a multi-colored accent on the white acrylic saddle stem. This pipe was originally owned by Sante “FishnBanjo” Guiliani. That'll do it for me today.
Kevin Arthur Brandy.jpg

OT&LTTopHand1.jpg

OT&LTTopHand2.jpg

Sam and the scampers woke me up, so I'm half way through this bowl of year 2012 Virginia Spice in a 1979 pebble relief natural Verona Corallo 3080 Hungarian with a black acrylic saddle stem. The Virginias have mellowed a mite, and the perique is more obvious as a result.
Verona_Hungarian.jpg

A splendid way to spend a Saturday night. Reading the Hobbit again (30 years since the last time) and enjoying a bowl of 2008 Key Largo in a Castello Old Antiquari. Can’t put this book down this week. Enjoy your night, gents.
View attachment 18283
A marvelous looking copy, sized for a jacket pocket, unless your hands are enormous. The print would be too small for me to read, but the book itself is very nice. Enjoy your read, you've inspired me to open mine once I finish The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Close to finishing this bowl of KBV Roman Soldier in a 1935 small, straight smooth dark brown Irish Free State K&P (Peterson) billiard with a silverish cap military mount and tapered black vulcanite stem.
Irish Free State_MMbilliard_1935.jpg

Enjoyed some low calorie snacking, and am smoking year 2021 first production Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Time to clean a few pipes.
View attachment 18292
View attachment 18293
You're vocal comment had me rolling on the floor, Jim! 😂 And the way the whole ruckus never wakes the second orange scamper. That video is a keeper!

A marvelous looking copy, sized for a jacket pocket, unless your hands are enormous. The print would be too small for me to read, but the book itself is very nice. Enjoy your read, you've inspired me to open mine once I finish The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Ironically, I’m also re-reading the Hobbit right now, as I had found a beautiful copy in a local book store, and received the same edition of The Lord Of The Rings as a Christmas gift. I found that they also offered The Silmarillion in the same style, so I grabbed that as well.

I believe I read part of the LoTR in high school, but I know I never finished it. I haven’t read any of Tolkiens other works, I got a little crazy on Amazon on night and ordered the Adventures of Tom Bombadil, Beren and Luthien, The Children of Hurin, The Fall of Gondolin, and the Unfinished Tales.

I have a really bad habit of acquiring books more quickly than I can read them, but I’ve been enjoying the little reading time I can muster.

Attachments

• IMG_6259.jpeg
    IMG_6259.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Good morning gents. A nice but warm day. Windy with gusts to 40 predicted for the afternoon. Enjoying CS Cowboy Coffee in a Lorenzo Old Vic Giant smooth bent billiard with, what else, cowboy coffee. Charlie sitting in my lap. Life is good here on the mountain. Have a great day my friends.

Passing the first third of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. It rained all day and night yesterday, and it will be spotty today, so no walking for me today.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

HELP!!! For reasons unknown, I am not allowed to click on to some of the subject entries. No reason for my exclusion is given, nor any remedy. Since so many of you reading this are old hands of the BoB, I'm hoping you can give me some help here. At least, tell me what my crime was and how to do appropriate penance, if that is what is required.

Feliz Cinco de Mayo mis amigos fumadores de pipa! Just got back from our local El Rancho Grande for a fine lunch and just one frozen margarita, mind you, Back home for some more multi-culture indulgence, a ballsy British tobacco of renown, and one heady American porter that has absolutely nothing to do with holiness, ha ha. Incidentally the pipe shown is an estate I just restored that was made by the now defunct John Redman Ltd. and British Empire Pipe Co of London. Most likely a siesta is in order after knocking this tasty combo back. Clearly, life’s simplest pleasures are always the best, do remember that.
thumbnail_IMG_2204.jpg