What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rain storm soaked our patio last night so I'm sitting in the garage with KBV Burley Morning Pipe in the Jensen's N.O. bent volcano with saddle stem, drinking Members Mark Colombian Supremo k-cup, and listening to the Chess Experience podcast.
20240330_090457.jpg

Close to finishing this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. The rain is going to start soon, so I'm passing up walking. I was happy to see Tomato the Brave when I went outside. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Decided to chance walking, and did a set of reps before the rain comes. Tomato the Brave was waiting for me, and did a little walking with me. I'll post those photos later. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lunch follows this smoke.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have passed the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Hawaiian Kona Extra Fancy, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

It rained briefly, so I got in a second set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Wessex_bent.jpg

Tomato was waiting for me when I got up today, and he got plenty of food. He wasn’t around when I started walking, but as I went up the street, Tomato ran towards me as fast as he could, and begged for attention. He walked with me for a few minutes, and then went back to the driveway to wait for me. He gave and got plenty of attention. I brought him in to eat, and because the scampers are not in the den, he stayed and then took a snooze on the couch.
TomatoLooksMe1.jpg

TomatoFeet1.jpg

TomatoFeet2.jpg

TomatoBBSnooze1.jpg

Attachments

• TomatoLooksMe1.jpg
    TomatoLooksMe1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Wessex_bent.jpg
    Wessex_bent.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 0
I've passed the first third of this bowl of year 2008 Astley’s No. 109 in a straight smooth dark brown year 1926 Parker Super Bruyere patent 3 63/F lovat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Haven't smoked this pipe lately, but I wanted to check how this blend is because it seemed a bit smokier in the pipe I used before. I'm getting the real flavor of it now.
1926_Parker_63:F lovat.jpg

Half way through this bowl of well aged 4Noggins Bald Headed Teacher in a medium brown, smooth octagonal paneled bowl and shank, medium bend 2016 Tim West Book Keeper 6 with a black acrylic saddle stem. Tomato the Brave is snoozin' on m'lady's lap.
Tim_West_Bookkeeper.jpg

A minute or two away from smoking year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Most of my smokes lately are codger blends in a cob at work. Half & Half is more my favourite I think, it is nuttier and more mellow than SWR. And it has a hint of anise that I like. I find SWR a little sharp but I do agree that its flavour and aroma tend to correlate to the tin note and a general tobacco flavour/aroma. I tend to rotate them from day to dayand as work-a-day tobaccos they both have appeal. The cob could probably use a rest, it only gets the week end off and it's running 4 or 5 bowls a day.

About to light a Quintessa rubusto with some good age - been in my humidor for 10 yrs +. Wind storm here, to turn to rain tonight. In the gazebo watching it howel. Dinner of shrimp scampi with green beans. Jack Daniel's my drink. Listening to SXM radio and 40s music. I went dancing Saturday with my bride at the Legion - what fun. Yard work since Friday cleaning out my raspberry gardens. I had 3 sentinel Cottonwoods taken out this past week. I was sad about their loss
Change, death is a downer. Tobacco helps.
20240506_190607_compress45.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've passed the half way mark of this bowl of year 2010 Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1968Bulldog.jpg