What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maiden voyage for my new to me Comoys 1993 Xmas pipe with some Wilke Crystal Palace. Belgian white ale to go with. Scored off ebay for $45. Still waiting for my Bjarne to show up from Serbia..
Sorry. Forgot to attach pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-27-17-46-07.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-27-17-46-07.png
    801.6 KB · Views: 54
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, barramundi and asparagus dinner with a small scoop of rocky road ice cream, and a couple of bites of m'lady's chocolate cake. It was tough not eating ore cake than that, but I didn't want to go far off my diet. Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Good morning,
Starting my day with the Pete Lestrade and some 7 seas regular. Been itching to get another Peterson leaning towards the Watson,but I like the Bakersville as well .I received my E-bay Ben Wade pipe yesterday.This pipe is being returned, This pipe is huge and heavy. I am a clencher,so this pipe is not for me.

That is one gorgeous pipe! To my mind the bark finish with silver band and Cumberland stem is the quintessential Ferndown, and that sounds like a blend worthy of the privilege.
Thanks! I picked the pipe up in early 2000s. Not sure when Les Wood produced Chevins for James Barber, but it sure does smoke well.

Did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Plenty of ice water and bergs for my drink.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Full Virginia Flake in this Iwan Ries Co. volcano. First run on this estate piece, off to a good start! It was made in France and I read that Genod made IRC house pipes at one point, so maybe that’s the origin, but I doubt I’ll ever know. Sipping an Old Orchard Creek blueberry double IPA from Fullsteam, couldn’t ask for a tastier pairing.
216B5880-A692-4E01-B1DD-08CFA10D547B.jpeg

Not far from finishing this bowl of Watch City Beta Test Blend #3 in a 1987 medium brown Peterson first series Sherlock Holmes full bend with a silver band and a black vulcanite tapered p-lip stem. Taking a break from cleaning estate pipes. Thirteen are done, six are in various stages of cleaning.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Original.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am half way through this bowl of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Watching the Red Sox-Indians game.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of D&R Ryback in a smooth straight late 1970s Charatan Special 4148DC Reg. No. 203573 pot with a black double comfort vulcanite stem.
Charatan_Special_pot.jpg

Now smoking year 2014 Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster in a smooth straight brown 1950 Dunhill 48 bulldog group 4 root briar with a black vulcanite fish tail saddle stem.
Dunhill_1950_root-bulldog48.jpg

Esoterica Pembroke in a Pete Derry Rustic 68 full bent with military mount. English black tea on the side. Got caught in a downpour on the way home. When I got home and pulled off my boots my socks were wet, lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-28-15-58-41.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-28-15-58-41.png
    802.2 KB · Views: 49
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am half way through this bowl of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Watching the Red Sox-Indians game.
View attachment 2073
Hey Jim, just bought a nearly identical pipe off ebay for $50. Called a Chippendale, supposedly made by Charaton exclusively for Tinder Box around the early 70s. Just doesn't have the double comfort stem. Looked to be in excellent condition.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad and pot roast dinner. Dessert was a slice of freshly made blackberry pie and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-Giants game.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Hey Jim, just bought a nearly identical pipe off ebay for $50. Called a Chippendale, supposedly made by Charaton exclusively for Tinder Box around the early 70s. Just doesn't have the double comfort stem. Looked to be in excellent condition.
Good for you. I have a Chippendale, and yes, it is a Charatan second. I paid $19.95 for it in 1979 at The Tinder Box. Mine is a terrific smoker, and I expect yours will be as well.
Chippendale_(Charatan second)_Rhodesian 49.jpg