What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost half way through this bowl of year 2013 Tilbury in a smooth medium bend 1999 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Milverton.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Astley’s No. 44 in a smooth slight bend dark brown 1940s-1950s Comoy’s Blue Riband 228C prince with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
View attachment 2152
Jim, from reading I gathered the blue riband was a top of the line Comoy. I ask because I saw one on ebay for $100+. Are they really worth that?

Just kidding. Wife and I love fish. Used to have it 2/3 times a week. Salmon, mahi mahi, cod. Been cutting back as I am on a diet to lose wt. so don't have full dinners every night.
I lost a lot of weight on my diet, and now I maintain. That's one reason I eat a lot of chicken and fish. Here's a piece of advice for you: dieting is tough enough, but maintaining is harder. Don't ever get frustrated!

Jim, from reading I gathered the blue riband was a top of the line Comoy. I ask because I saw one on ebay for $100+. Are they really worth that?
Absolutely! Grand Slams, and Deluxes, too. Comoy's from the 1920s through the '60s stand up to durn near all of the pipe companies of that time period. The seconds from the '20s to '60s are top notch, too.

Half way through this bowl of year 2015 Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9708B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Going to work now.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9708B_pot.jpg

Good morning,
Smoking my Peterson House pipe with MB seven seas regular tobacco. The k of c fundraiser was great last night,looks like a lot of needy children will be wearing a new coat in our community soon.

Absolutely! Grand Slams, and Deluxes, too. Comoy's from the 1920s through the '60s stand up to durn near all of the pipe companies of that time period. The seconds from the '20s to '60s are top notch, too.

Half way through this bowl of year 2015 Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9708B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Going to work now.
View attachment 2158
Thanks. I remember that in my earlier collection, which I stupidly sold, I had a couple of Comoy seconds. An Everyman and a Guildhall, bought in college in 1970 for probably $15, and they both smoked great, especially the Guildhall canadian.

Not far from finishing this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

C&D Billy Budd in my new Bjarne bent billiard. Really liking this blend. The burley and Lat are smooth and the cigar leaf adds some nice strength. Pairs good with strong cowboy coffee.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-04-10-15-08.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-04-10-15-08.png
    963.5 KB · Views: 48
Thanks. I remember that in my earlier collection, which I stupidly sold, I had a couple of Comoy seconds. An Everyman and a Guildhall, bought in college in 1970 for probably $15, and they both smoked great, especially the Guildhall canadian.
Why did you sell them?

Did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Why did you sell them?

Did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
View attachment 2163
Thought I was going to give up the pipe back in 2016, but after a year or so took it up again. Just a bad decision on my part.

Not far from finishing this bowl of C&D House Reserve in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a brown pearl acrylic saddle stem. Lunch follows this smoke.
URAL_Etched_Egg.jpg

Enjoyed a very tasty lunch, and am a couple of minutes away from smoking year 2013 FVF in a much cherished smooth, brown straight grain three quarter bend 1979 Becker M 4 heart brandy with a black acrylic saddle stem.
BeckerM_4heart_brandy .jpg

Did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of D&R Ryback in a smooth straight late 1970s Charatan Special 4148DC Reg. No. 203573 pot with a black double comfort vulcanite stem.
Charatan_Special_pot.jpg

Now smoking Motzek (TAK ) Tom’s Special Plug in a slight bent black sandblasted post-1940 KBB Yello-Bole Cured With Real Honey Imported Briar with a reg. mark in a circle canted egg with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
 KBB Yello-Bole_canted egg.jpg

Just passing the quarter mark on this bowl of year 2014 HU Sunset in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching a Bergen and McCarthy short while waiting for the Braves-Rockies game.
Dunhill pot.jpg

Had a bowl of H&H Chatham Manor earlier in a Design Berlin blasted bent apple w/ 9mm filter. Not impressed. Now trying it again in a MM 5th ave. cob. Still not impressed. Don't get all the hype and 4 star reviews of this blend. I find it bland and a little "bitey". Can't agree with all the reviews that say this is better than Carter Hall. Not to me. CH has much deeper tobacco taste. I'll stick with CH.