What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second bowl is C&D Billy Budd in my new Saseini 4 dot Ruff Root. Getting warm on the patio. Good thing we have a big umbrella to shield the sun. 3rd cup of dark roast coffee. Wired for the next couple of hours, lol.

Not far from finishing this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

That is a good looking Stanwell. Just curious, what tobaccos were in the 97 Xmas blend?
Red and orange Va.s.

Did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Now smoking Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a straight smooth brown 1950s Comoy’s Tradition 305 apple military mount with a sterling silver cap and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Watching the Red Sox-Rays game.
Comoy’s_Tradition305_apple_militarymount.jpg

Enjoyed a very tasty cinnamon raisin French toast lunch, and am part way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Did a set of walking reps, and smoked the last of this sample of year 2015 WarHorse Ready Cut in an undated straight sandblasted black Ropp Crystal billiard with a clear acrylic perspex saddle stem.
Ropp_Crystal.jpg

A quarter of the way through this freshly opened tin of year 2013 Escudo in a smooth dark brown quarter bend post-1935 KBB/Kaywoodie New England Briar Pipe Company Flagship 83B Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. First time smoking this pipe. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
KBB NEPC_83B_Rhodesian.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with a few bites of blackberry pie, and a small scoop of French vanilla ice cream for dessert. I'm almost finished smoking year 2014 Astley’s No. 44 in a smooth slight bend dark brown 1940s-1950s Comoy’s Blue Riband 228C prince with a tapered black vulcanite stem. M'lady bought a can of Night Owl Spanish Roast coffee on sale (three bucks for eight ounces), so I'll give it try as soon as it's brewed.
Comoy’s_B.R._prince_228C.jpg

Smoking a concoction of Sutliff Voodoo Queen, black and vanilla cav, and SWR in a Pete bent system. Got a lb. of VQ from a fellow BoB and just don't care for it straight. Hate to toss a whole pound of tobacco so trying to find something to tame it. This ain't it, lol. Any suggestions for blending greatly appreciated.

Smoking a concoction of Sutliff Voodoo Queen, black and vanilla cav, and SWR in a Pete bent system. Got a lb. of VQ from a fellow BoB and just don't care for it straight. Hate to toss a whole pound of tobacco so trying to find something to tame it. This ain't it, lol. Any suggestions for blending greatly appreciated.
What don't you like about it?

Now smoking Wilke No. 24 in a smooth straight brown 1949 Yello-Bole Century Model Lovat with a nickel band accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. I'm going to take a forum break from posting smokes.
Yello-Bole Century Model Lovat.jpg

I have 2 Estrellas, a straight billiard and an oom paul, but I love the shape of that one. More PAD search on ebay, lol.
Those 320 shape Estella’s are extremely hard to come by! I searched for one for years, and then finally found a 320 EX on eBay last year. A month later I found a 320 KS on eBay (the pipe pictured that you commented on) so of course I had to get that one too! Never thought I would acquire an EX and KS in the same month, but lucked out! Still looking for a 310 shape (poker)!

Last of the 4 day Labor Day weekend vacay for me! Enjoying a beautiful 60 degree morning on the deck with some 2013 Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake in a GBD Conquest Pedigree. Colombian coffee in the mug, some Delta blues on the Bluetooth speaker. It feels so much like Fall this morning, and I don’t want summer to be over, but I do love the cooler mornings and so do my pipes!
884CB562-9C68-46ED-A0C9-E77FAC89883B.jpeg

C&D Sunbear in 1980 Dunhill Root Briar Dublin. Excellent summer smoke

Attachments

• 8DB61F63-FFF2-4EC0-83DC-AE674C0B2518.jpeg
    8DB61F63-FFF2-4EC0-83DC-AE674C0B2518.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
What don't you like about it?

Now smoking Wilke No. 24 in a smooth straight brown 1949 Yello-Bole Century Model Lovat with a nickel band accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. I'm going to take a forum break from posting smokes.
View attachment 2194
Smokes a bit hot, has some harsh notes. Maybe a little too much perique for my tastes? Hard to pin down, just not great by itself.

Those 320 shape Estella’s are extremely hard to come by! I searched for one for years, and then finally found a 320 EX on eBay last year. A month later I found a 320 KS on eBay (the pipe pictured that you commented on) so of course I had to get that one too! Never thought I would acquire an EX and KS in the same month, but lucked out! Still looking for a 310 shape (poker)!
Well, if you happen to run across another one, especially the EX, let me know. Would love to have one.

My usual CH in the Butz magnum. Trying to get in a nice smoke before heading off to the VA. Only time for one cup o joe, but it's a big cup, lol. Nice and cool this am. Love that fall is coming.

Last smoke today. Wilke 400 in a georg jensen hand made semi bent apple. Crown royale aside. Not bad , not great.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-07-20-08-27.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-07-20-08-27.png
    441.8 KB · Views: 53