What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, perch and asparagus dinner with a big slice of fresh apple pie and a scoop of French vanilla ice cream for dessert. Gonna have to spend the next week or so dieting off the desserts, but it was worth it! Just passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Rockies game, and getting ready to clean a few pipes I smoked.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Good morning,
Starting my day with a Parker, A slightly bent pot shaped pipe. This is one of my favorite English pipes, I think it`s called a Golden Parker,Anyway,I am smoking some Capt Black Royal in this fine pipe.

Urban Cowboy in a giant Don Carlos 2 note bent dublin. Nice long sunday morning smoke with cowboy coffee. Peaceful and quiet this morning. Had a beautiful sunrise but I was too lazy to get up and take pictures, lol.

Just fired up a bowl of 7 seas in a Pete xl 90 St.Patricks day pipe .Purchased another Peterson Lestrade online from Tobacco pipes,They had a sale,So I had to do it!

My last bowl of CS Second Breakfast in a Nording Extra freehand. This is pretty good stuff but won't take the place of Cowboy Coffee.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-05-10-15-03.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-05-10-15-03.png
    893.5 KB · Views: 54
Just finishing this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Did a set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking Watch City Rouxgaroux in a late 50s, early 60s Comoy’s straight smooth dark brown Deluxe 20 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a black vulcanite tapered stem. Getting ready to join my Sunday zoom meeting. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Comoy’s_Deluxe 20 billiard_50-60.jpg

Now smoking year 2014 HU Sunset in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill pot.jpg

I was sitting at my desk making a list of all the things I need to do today when my wonderful wife said, "It's such a perfect day; why don't you go fishing." You gotta love a woman like that, and in order to not disappoint her, I did just that. Went to choose a pipe for the outing and my eye fell on this stubby little briar hiding away down on the bottom tier. It's marked Royal Dutch, Sandgrain, Made in Holland; according to Pipedia Gubbels made this one; they're being marketed again today but I don't know who is making them now. The little pipe has a surprisingly large capacity, perfect for a couple of bowls of Figgy Pudding. Fishing was good too!

PuzT3q8l.jpg

Smoking some MB Vanilla Creme in a Danish Bari freehand pipe,Luckily only had to work a half day today which was great cause I feel a congested and tired!

Not far from finishing this bowl of Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a straight smooth brown post-WWII Comoy’s Grand Slam billiard 27 Canadian patent 341422 with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Comoy’s_Grand Slam_billiard 27 Can._patent.jpg

Some McClellands Black Shag in a Design Berlin Imperial bent dublin. Third bowl of this and it hasn't gotten any better. Think I will jar the rest and give it a year or so to age as several reviewers indicated that it improves with age. We will see.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, French cut pork chops and green beans dinner with peach slices (not from a jar or can) for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 1997 McClelland Christmas Cheer in a 1980 Stanwell 668 medium bend with a multi-colored ferrule, half black sandblasted, half brown smooth, rough top with a black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Stargirl.
Stanwell 668_right.jpg

Post dinner smoke of Pembroke in a 70s vintage Sav straight billiard. Port wine to pair. After the disappointing bowl of Black Shag I needed a good blend to finish out the evening. This pipe and tobacco really mate well. If I had more Pembroke I would dedicate this pipe to it. But while I have it I can enjoy the combo.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, French cut pork chops and green beans dinner with peach slices (not from a jar or can) for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 1997 McClelland Christmas Cheer in a 1980 Stanwell 668 medium bend with a multi-colored ferrule, half black sandblasted, half brown smooth, rough top with a black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Stargirl.
View attachment 2182
That is a good looking Stanwell. Just curious, what tobaccos were in the 97 Xmas blend?

Just fired up a bowl of 7 seas in a Pete xl 90 St.Patricks day pipe .Purchased another Peterson Lestrade online from Tobacco pipes,They had a sale,So I had to do it!
Hope you enjoy the second Lestrade, and don't worry, I bought the Watson for you. Will leave it to you in my will, lol.

Nice long bowl of Hobbits Weed in the big Sav Hercules EX with dark roast coffee. Peaceful and quiet this holiday morning. Heading to the Legion post later for BBQ.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-06-08-56-32.png
    Screenshot_2021-09-06-08-56-32.png
    733.5 KB · Views: 49