What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper, snow peas and freshly cooked pinto beans dinner with a slice of chocolate cake, and a slice chocolate chocolate cake for dessert. I'll certainly be back on my diet tomorrow. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. I smoked a bowl of Sutliff Cringle Flake (Holiday Edition 2020) in a 1980s White Pipe straight lattice apple meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Deciding on my next smoke as I post this. Watching the Red Sox-Astros game.
WhitePipe_Apple80s.jpg

Smoking a Oldenkott 9mm filtered pipe with some Lane 1Q. Finally smoking perfectly ! the last reaming and alcohol bath removed that smell that was lingering. Did a quick clean up of the outside,but it needs a trip to the buffer - the wood grain on this pipe is really nice.Anyway, I`m off to work...

Close to finishing this bowl from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of Prince Albert in an undated, unbranded straight smooth brown made in France Los Alton VBF Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Los_Alton_VBF_Canadian.jpg

Now smoking Mac Baren Scottish Mixture in a straight, smooth brown 1960s Lane era Charatan Special 38 bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
1960s_Lane_Charatan_Special38_bulldog.jpg

Had company last evening; didn't get a chance to post until this morning! After dindin bowl of Larry's Blend in a Parker 1954 patent "Super Bruyere" 95/F cross cut billiard! Think a DH LBS/LB.
This morning Troost Slices in a Ropp Supreme cherry wood bent. FTRPLT

Attachments

• IMG_1507[1].JPG
    IMG_1507[1].JPG
    888.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1508[1].JPG
    IMG_1508[1].JPG
    1,000.2 KB · Views: 43
Last pipe of the day,Pete Lestrade, 7 Seas regular blend,Decaf K-cup. USPS shows that my Vauen pipe from Serbia is in NY. Hopefully early this week... Was thinking of blending some Lane BCA with Carter hall ?

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, cobiha, sugar snap peas and cheese topped black beans dinner with a slice of chocolate cake topped with sliced strawberries for dessert. I'm part way through this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures The Dread Planet 2021 in a 2003 smooth three quarter bend Rinaldo Fiammata Odissea Titania 02 Silver Line 3 Straight Grain egg with a black acrylic tapered stem. Working hard on this review so I can post before tomorrow's afternoon release of it. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-Dodgers game.

The photo is too big to post here.

Smokjng my new Comoys Ruby grade that I got off of Ebay and I am NOT a happy camper. Pipe is smaller than depicted in the ad, but figured if it smoked okay I could live with it. It smokes very hot, i.e. after 5 min of smoking, pipe is too hot to hold, have to set it aside to coll off. Not the quality I have come to expect based on other Comoys I have owned. Hoping Ebay will make it right. Sorry for the long rant, just frustrated as this was $100 pipe.
I've had the same problem with a Briar Works!

Not far from finishing this bowl of C&D Derringer in a smooth brown-orange undated Mastro de Paya 3A L Tulip with a silver cap military mount and a acrylic yellow tapered stem. The Braves are going to the World Series.
Mastro de Paya_3A L_Tulip.jpg

Good morning,
Happy Sunday ! Smoking a Savinelli 616 ks filtered pipe with Lane LL-7/BCA Blend.Freshly perked coffee from a new local coffee company called Eldarado. It`s 44 degrees here and I need to get to work very shortly...