What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I just finished a fun chat with an old friend, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. My buddy was watching the Braves-Rockies game, too.
4AB_PSB_left.jpg

Good morning everyone. Only time for one bowl this am so it's Hobbits Weed in the Sav 606EX with morning coffee. Heading out early for breakfast with my RODEO group (retired old dudes eating out). Mostly retired Rangers. Get together twice a month for breakfast or lunch. Great bunch of guys.
Sounds like a great day out to me, have a great time buddy

Managed to score this rather handsome Baviarian hunting pipe via Ebay for £15. The top and bands are stamped 925 (silver) with 1922 stamped beside it. And a stag carved into the briar. Alongside with the maker Vauen. Not sure if I'll ever smoke it, maybe just display it.
But as for what I'm smoking, today its a Dr Plumps quintex bent, Plugged with Squadron leader. Have a great day everybody.

Attachments

• 20220831_143338.jpg
    20220831_143338.jpg
    774.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220831_143147.jpg
    20220831_143147.jpg
    736.6 KB · Views: 0
73° and clear. Italian calabash derivative with 5 year old Luxury Navy Flake. A great smoke. 9/10. This pipe is deceptively long, and as I've written elsewhere, I don't care for the look of calabash inspired pipes. When I catch a view of myself smoking this pipe, like in a window reflection, I'm always reminded of how goofy this pipe looks. This thing is such a great smoker though. I really should smoke it more often. I think it's only maybe 6.5"s long, but it seems longer.

73° and clear. Italian calabash derivative with 5 year old Luxury Navy Flake. A great smoke. 9/10. This pipe is deceptively long, and as I've written elsewhere, I don't care for the look of calabash inspired pipes. When I catch a view of myself smoking this pipe, like in a window reflection, I'm always reminded of how goofy this pipe looks. This thing is such a great smoker though. I really should smoke it more often. I think it's only maybe 6.5"s long, but it seems longer.
I personally i like Calabash pipes, OK so there not so great when your out and about, but sitting, while listening to music or Audible, with the right blend of tobacco, they are a brilliant contemplative smoker.

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Earlier this am KBV Golf Fore Glory! in my Savinelli 320 EX. This blend tastes really good to me, and the two oz lasted a month. Ah, but i have 4 more! Now, Edgeworth Ready Rubbed match in an MM cob. My Sutliff English Oriental containing St. James perique has just arrived along with new $6 cob. That will be for later winding down...

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have about a third of a bowl left of year 2016 Peretti Dundee in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Getting ready to post a review of this and two other blends at TR. Larry's El Salvador Dali, neat, is my drink.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

Now smoking Chacom No. 4 in a late 50s, early 60s Comoy’s straight smooth dark brown Deluxe 20 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Have enough left for a bowl or so. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Comoy’s_Deluxe 20 billiard_50-60.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem. This may get me to dinner time. If not, I have more tobacco! :) Watching the Braves-Rockies game.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg