What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DR 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_Birthyear-Left.jpg

Half way through this bowl of aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Comoy's_Sutliff_CorinthianDe-Luxe_126 pot .jpg

Good morning everybody. Today I thought I'd try a new bakki, I was expecting my new plug tobaccos to arrive today, but the postman only bought Bill's 🙄. So Mrs Z went out to my Tobacconist with the instructions "Surprise me" and she did too, coming back with 3 tins, 2 of which I hadn't tried before. So without further ado, I'm going to plug a Savinelli Trevi Billiard 111, with some London Eye by Rattrays.
Report to follow. Have a great day my friends.

Good morning everybody. Today I thought I'd try a new bakki, I was expecting my new plug tobaccos to arrive today, but the postman only bought Bill's 🙄. So Mrs Z went out to my Tobacconist with the instructions "Surprise me" and she did too, coming back with 3 tins, 2 of which I hadn't tried before. So without further ado, I'm going to plug a Savinelli Trevi Billiard 111, with some London Eye by Rattrays.
Report to follow. Have a great day my friends.
Now im no Jiminks, in fact I'm so far away from his knowledge and eloquence, I'm practically prehistoric.
But here is my effort and humble report.
( Clears Throat. Cough Cough )
Rattrays London Eye.
A mixture of Black Cavendish, Burley, and Virginias, topped with Rum, Coconut, and Macadamia nuts.
When opening the tin, I was immediately hit with a sweet smelling aroma. Mainly of the coconut and Rum. I didn't detect the Macadamia nuts. The mixture is a loose cut, of black and brown, with a hint of yellowish leaf. And not overly moist.
It lit very easily without many relights.
Mrs Z gave her room note score of 3/5 adding it wasn't an unpleasent smell lol.
I would give the taste as 3/5 as well.
It smoked reasonably cool, with no tounge bite whatsoever.
And I would buy it again.
(Collects notes from rostrum. and quietly sits back down)

Now im no Jiminks, in fact I'm so far away from his knowledge and eloquence, I'm practically prehistoric.
Rattrays London Eye.
A mixture of Black Cavendish, Burley, and Virginias, topped with Rum, Coconut, and Macadamia nuts.
When opening the tin, I was immediately hit with a sweet smelling aroma. Mainly of the coconut and Rum. I didn't detect the Macadamia nuts. The mixture is a loose cut, of black and brown, with a hint of yellowish leaf. And not overly moist.
Great review my friend. Keep it up.

Rattrays London Eye.
ZipBlends, Nice review friend. Mrs. Z is one in a million! Enjoy that new tobacco.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Almost time for Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2014 Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster in a smooth straight brown 1950 Dunhill 48 bulldog group 4 root briar with a black vulcanite fish tail saddle stem. Magnum Roastery Jamaican Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink. Watching the Padres-Phillies pre-game show as I work on finishing a count of meers, military mounts, silver spigots, bulldogs, Rhodesians, and Canadians/Liverpools/Lumbermans.
Dunhill_1950_root-bulldog48.jpg

Now smoking year 2014 Wessex Campaign Dark Flake in a smooth dark brown medium bend year 1924 Dunhill 136A double patent apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Have enough for one more bowl. Wish I had more of this vintage. Watching the Phillies-Padres game. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1924-Bent_apple_136A.jpg