What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, rainbow trout and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching a documentary on Napoleon.
4AB_PSB_right.jpg

I could tell with all the variations of the 4AB you post. I like the tubular chimney on the model.
I waited 47 years for a 4AB. I go all seven finishes that Peterson put out last year, which came to me on my birthday. The only way to beat that is to get an original model, which isn't very likely.

I waited 47 years for a 4AB. I go all seven finishes that Peterson put out last year, which came to me on my birthday. The only way to beat that is to get an original model, which isn't very likely.
I can’t think of a better fella to be the caretaker of that set of 4AB’s. Enjoy.

I can’t think of a better fella to be the caretaker of that set of 4AB’s. Enjoy.
Thanks for the very kind words. Those 4ABs are among my prized possessions. Btw, I do have another Peterson 999 chubby Rhodesian from the 1950s, but haven't smoked it yet because I haven't decided what to smoke in it.

This is the unsmoked Pete 999.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian_Shamrock.jpg

Just use a small drill or burr bit and SLOWLY take off the portion below the airhole. When you get down to the level of the airway just widen it very slightly and polish it. Just makes the airway straight instead of directing smoke upward. Good luck.
Ranger, Thanks for the tips. I'll give that a try soon.

Just finished Blending Zippo weed
(Thanks Sturdy 😊) MK II.
100 grms Century Black Cavendish
45 grms Century Black Cherry
55 grms Century Vanilla
Now I'll let it cook for as long as possible.
Continuing with my Savinelli rotation, plugging a Savinelli Milano de Luxe with Rangers Hobbit Weed, which my Zippo weed is trying to emulate.

Attachments

• 20221018_132134.jpg
    20221018_132134.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Thanks for the very kind words. Those 4ABs are among my prized possessions. Btw, I do have another Peterson 999 chubby Rhodesian from the 1950s, but haven't smoked it yet because I haven't decided what to smoke in it.

This is the unsmoked Pete 999.
View attachment 6564
Nice. The thick shank on the old models are much more eye appealing.

Just finished Blending Zippo weed
(Thanks Sturdy 😊) MK II.
100 grms Century Black Cavendish
45 grms Century Black Cherry
55 grms Century Vanilla
Now I'll let it cook for as long as possible.
Continuing with my Savinelli rotation, plugging a Savinelli Milano de Luxe with Rangers Hobbit Weed, which my Zippo weed is trying to emulate.
Yep, that looks exactly like Zippo Weed. 😀 Codename...Zeaweed, but that’s classified. Have a great day master blender Zip.

Gave up trying to sleep, so I'm up and half way at'em, and have a third of a bowl left of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Fed Daisy the Feral Princess, and Suzy and Molly.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

PS Luxury Navy Flake in a Savinelli Trevi 320EX with just filtered water. Bit chilly here 33F this am. Perfect sunny day for some hot black tea later with maybe a codger blend. I can't yet say the LNF is smoking as well in the 320 as yesterday's cob, but it's close. I did cross cut these flakes, while stuffed yesterday.

More Hobbit weed in a Savinelli Roma Bulldog 504. The sun is streaming through the conservatory, into my smoking den, making it look nice and warm outside, but my electronic weather station tells me different. Chilly 10○ outside. Soon be time to light the fire methinks. I hope everyone is having a great day