Quantcast
  • ~ How to Use the New Software ~

Try logging in and if it is not accepting your password,, look to the bottom right corner of page for Contact Us and send a message.

What Are You Smoking Pages.

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

kxg

Reaction score
Peretti Thanksgiving Day 2019 in a Ron Powell Bamboo Brandy

Paul_of_Burley

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Small black clay with Briar Fox. A lovely kake tobacco that I enjoyed in my earlier pipe life. First pass of it today, a certain keeper.

Attachments

• Small Clay with Briar Fox.jpg
    Small Clay with Briar Fox.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 0

Ranger107

Reaction score
Just tried some H&H Fusselliers Ration in a Stanwell bent apple. Having some odd thoughts about this blend. Most on TR say they like it. I can't make up my mind. Has some interesting nuances that I can't put my finger on. Guess it will take a few more bowls in some different pipes to decide. Any thoughts from you more experienced pipers?

Brunello

Reaction score
Just tried some H&H Fusselliers Ration in a Stanwell bent apple. Having some odd thoughts about this blend. Most on TR say they like it. I can't make up my mind. Has some interesting nuances that I can't put my finger on. Guess it will take a few more bowls in some different pipes to decide. Any thoughts from you more experienced pipers?
Fusilier's Ration is a keeper for me and luckily I first tried it in a pipe that showed it well (an English Ben Wade). Subsequent trials in other pipes have been hit or miss: good in meers, didn't like my Stanwell Trio or Charatan. I suppose it has a very fine line of flavors that need to be in balance and when they are I enjoy the unique scorched molasses and flinty overtones. Try it in your meer.

Brunello

Reaction score
Wilke Sailor Jack in a B&B rusticated billiard.

Delicious stuff made of Latakia, Virginia and Maduro cigar leaf. Volumes of thick satisfying smoke, smooth on the palate, pleasant aftertaste. Says it's not flavored but I detect a hint of rum. My kind of smoke! :D

Ranger107

Reaction score
Fusilier's Ration is a keeper for me and luckily I first tried it in a pipe that showed it well (an English Ben Wade). Subsequent trials in other pipes have been hit or miss: good in meers, didn't like my Stanwell Trio or Charatan. I suppose it has a very fine line of flavors that need to be in balance and when they are I enjoy the unique scorched molasses and flinty overtones. Try it in your meer.
Will do, in my big I. Baglin meer. but may have to wait a day or two. recovering from rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder this am. kind of awkward piping one handed, lol.

kxg

Reaction score
Up this evening: Wilke Surbrug's Crystal Palace in an Arley Curtz Brandy with a partial bamboo shank. L.J. Peretti #333 in an Arley Curtz 1/4 bent Pot. C&D Pirate Kake from March of '17 in a Savinelli Roma 320 KS.

Brunello

Reaction score
Wilke No. 400 in a twin bore Design Berlin.

Good stuff, well-balanced, but not the wow of Wilke's Sailor Jack which I had earlier today. Was surprised to see this described as a full-bodied English. Not by how RSteve or myself define a full English. This is rather more elegant, reminding me of Germain's King Charles, with a subtle topping of apple cider which flashes away after about 10 minutes.