What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wilke 515 in a Villager (Medico import?). Of ten blends I've tried from Wilke this is the only one that didn't hit the spot. The added coumarin is just too weird for me. Evidently this was a favorite blend of Basil Rathbone who played Sherlock from 1939-1945.

Cleaning up a bit and then inspired to try some C&D Shandygaff in a new Ropp Stack Billiard with a horn stem. Great pairing of a good, rich tobacco and a pipe that brings out the best in the mixture. Yeah!

Attachments

• Ropp stout sandblasted stack with horn stem.jpg
    Ropp stout sandblasted stack with horn stem.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 108
Wilke Commander in a Savinelli 614. For my fifth and final bowl of the day I wanted something mild but tasty. The black Cavendish is sufficient to push this into the semi-aromatic category to my taste. Creamy smooth, it is not a wow blend but somehow always hits the spot.

First bowl of the day, Suttliff Christmas Spice in a 2019 Peterson Christmas. Supposed to be "working from home" today so will hopefully have extra time for an extra bowl or two today

20201204_060538.jpg

That's a good looking pipe DL. Had my first bowl of christmas spice for this season yesterday afternoon in my first pete, a rusticated bent pot. May try some this afternoon in my new pete jekyll and hyde.

Just had a great smoke: Benediction, a recipe suggested by BriarPipeNYC in a Comoy Pebble. If you have the ingredients - PS Luxury Bulleye Flake and Wilke High Hat - I urge you to try it. Delicious!

BoB-Benediction.PNG

As posted earlier, having some xmas spice in my new pete jekyll & hyde. Love this blend, pipe not so much. Will post in another thread later for specifics.

A two tobacco side-by-side tasting today. A mini-flight, if you will. Clean pipes, fresh palette and two nicely prepared pipes...

Used the same style of black clay pipes (Two Marus Fohr Belges) one filled with C&D Yorktown, the other with C&D Derringer. Sampling (and thoroughly enjoying) the difference between these two blends. Sipping and experiencing them this way really introduces the nuances and also the unique qualities of these fine tobaccos.

CB Coffee on the side under the patio on a sunny, yet rather cool day, here in Idaho.

Breaking in my new Aldo Velani with some CH. Hope to build a nice cake on this one quickly. Earl Gray tea to accompany.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-04-16-39-35.png
    Screenshot_2020-12-04-16-39-35.png
    1 MB · Views: 64
Hours after my little flight of VA's in clays, wrapped up my evening with GLP Montgomery in one of the clay pipes from earlier today. Really enjoyed this one as I had not burned out the taste buds from earlier today :).

Cowboy Coffee on the side, along with a number of blackened matches.

Starting out the day with some Hobbitts weed, courtesy of Brunello, in a vintage Hilson Avanti flame grain. Really hooked on this stuff. Brun, the baggie you sent had 1-02 on it. Is this really the date or just some numbering system for keeping track of what you sent? Hard to believe this is 18 year old tobacco. I read that Tewksbury went out of business in 2019 and 4 noggins picked up the recipe. Can you tell me which this is? Cause I want to get more, lol. Thanks

Starting out the day with some Hobbitts weed, courtesy of Brunello, in a vintage Hilson Avanti flame grain. Really hooked on this stuff. Brun, the baggie you sent had 1-02 on it. Is this really the date or just some numbering system for keeping track of what you sent? Hard to believe this is 18 year old tobacco. I read that Tewksbury went out of business in 2019 and 4 noggins picked up the recipe. Can you tell me which this is? Cause I want to get more, lol. Thanks
That's just my sloppy writing, it just says 1 - oz. weight as measured, or maybe it was 1.02 ounces I forget. Purchased from 4Noggins in Feb. 2019 back in the day when I was still doing business with them. The unusual flavoring is supposedly banana bread and cream soda. Glad you enjoy it.

That's just my sloppy writing, it just says 1 - oz. weight as measured, or maybe it was 1.02 ounces I forget. Purchased from 4Noggins in Feb. 2019 back in the day when I was still doing business with them. The unusual flavoring is supposedly banana bread and cream soda. Glad you enjoy it.
Yes, I am really enjoying this. Will get some more from 4 noggins as the reviews I've read say it's the same as the original Tewksbury blend.