What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul, tried to order Pegasus from P&C, said it was not available. How does the dark burley compare?
Dark Burley is the base tobacco in many C&D Burley forward blends. It is found in Big N' Burley and i noticed it too in Old Joe Krantz. It is also found in Pegasus. As you know, Pegasus include some Cavendish and also Virginia. The Dark Burley is 100% straight burley. Strength wise it is similar to Pegasus. Flavor wise though, it is unabashed BAM of Burley. It brings forth many aspects of high quality Burley in a Big Bold Expression of Flavor. I would recommend it to Burley lovers when you want a small bowl with a big BAM to it.

Thanks, not sure I am ready for that just yet. Having CH in my butz choquin magnum. Should venture out and uncellar some of my more exotic blends but between the meds for pain and my general feeling of lethargy think that may have to wait a bit. Too easy to fall back onto old reliables.

Country Squire By The Fire in a Peterson 304. This was the first pipe i bought about 15 years ago
20201209_062407.jpg

Country Squire Cowboy Coffee in a Savinelli Capri (no filter). Cowboy Coffee on the side. Good combo.

34 degrees and a light scattering of snow pellets bouncing off my jacket but I don't care; this is the first pipe and coffee I've had in four days, so basically anything is a real treat. Been on a battery of four hardcore drugs and broth diet due to a flare-up of diverticulitis. Worst is over; back to enjoying life. :)

Country Squire Cowboy Coffee in a Savinelli Capri (no filter). Cowboy Coffee on the side. Good combo.

34 degrees and a light scattering of snow pellets bouncing off my jacket but I don't care; this is the first pipe and coffee I've had in four days, so basically anything is a real treat. Been on a battery of four hardcore drugs and broth diet due to a flare-up of diverticulitis. Worst is over; back to enjoying life. :)
My sympathies Brun, I feel your pain. Just weaning myself off the meds for pain from the surgery. Didn't really back off on the pipe, in fact, was kind of a blessing since I couldn't do much else. Just didn't do any experimenting, stayed with my regular rotation blends mostly. Glad you are able to enjoy again.

So there is a blend called cowboy coffee? Or are you just smoking old coffee grounds, lol?

So there is a blend called cowboy coffee? Or are you just smoking old coffee grounds, lol?
Yes, it's a pretty good non-aromatic from Country Squire. Virginia, dark-fired, and natural brown Cavendish. Has a little more backbone than most codger blends but still pretty mild. Good with coffee. :)

Country Squire Figgy Pudding in a Yves St. Claude bent brandy.

Had to drive into town for something and this was a good one to take along. Rolled up the windows in the cab of the truck (all but a tiny crack) to bathe in the wonderful aromatics of chocolate pudding! Now I'm at home online, checking out the cast of crazy characters on BoB while enjoying a delicious Dallmayr Espresso.

C'mon guys - let's see if anyone can top that!

Decided to branch out this am. Trying some Iwan Reiss three star blue. Came as gift with the pipes I ordered. Visited the store in Chicago a few times when I was there on business back in the late 70s early 80s. Nice place, they had a smoking parlor in the rear of the store where you could try out their tobaccos. Since they consider themselves a "gentlemens" establishment their prices tend to be high. The 3 star blue is a pretty good tobacco but at $6 a pouch not worth reordering.

Country Squire Figgy Pudding in a Yves St. Claude bent brandy.

Had to drive into town for something and this was a good one to take along. Rolled up the windows in the cab of the truck (all but a tiny crack) to bathe in the wonderful aromatics of chocolate pudding! Now I'm at home online, checking out the cast of crazy characters on BoB while enjoying a delicious Dallmayr Espresso.

C'mon guys - let's see if anyone can top that!
Don't think most of us qualify as crazy, maybe just "eccentric". Sounds better anyway, lol.

Don't think most of us qualify as crazy, maybe just "eccentric". Sounds better anyway, lol.
You are correct. I meant it affectionately. Not even even eccentric. Wholesome opinions and good banter. Well . . . there is RSteve and the sleeping naked crowd, but . . . :rolleyes:

Country Squire Rivendell in B&B 9mm.

I may just be riding a post-traumatic euphoria, but if you catch a good wave, ride it! I've had three great bowls today. Rivendell is possibly one of the three finest aromatics I've ever tried. :D

Did you double up on the Cowboy? Great!

Coffee made that way is mighty fine indeed!

Enjoying a bowl of C&D Virginia Gentleman in a Ropp Devil Anse with bone stem (the two toned stem rather than the all dark one). Cowboy coffee (black) on the side. Lovely day out here in Idaho...about 50 right now.

Country Squire Rivendell in B&B 9mm.

I may just be riding a post-traumatic euphoria, but if you catch a good wave, ride it! I've had three great bowls today. Rivendell is possibly one of the three finest aromatics I've ever tried. :D
Dang it Bro, you gotta stop with the recommendations for a while. I'm up to a page and half in my tobacco log "gotta try this" list, about 30+ blends so far. Blackhorse may be right. PAD and TAD are steering me toward the poorhouse, lol. Just kidding, still have money for groceries and rent so no problem so far.

Up this evening: PS LBF, two coins in a Rusticated Radice bent apple w/twin bore stem, the PSD 2020 POY. Next, Wilke Sailor Jack in a Comoy's Everyman 225, a bent smooth Dublin. Last, but not least, the last of a tin of SPC Plum Pudding Special Reserve in a Savinelli Tundra 320 EX.

Good morning from Greece, he had heavy rain with thunders here in Athens but now everything looks better. I am smoking Cornell and Diehl White Burley in a Vauen.
Here is my pipe-smoking bag which i always carry with me when i am out in the Cafe for example.

f6ypukx.jpg

Filters (front pocket not visible), tamper main and auxiliary, tweezers for extracting dirty filters, drill for cleaning the hole of the bowl, screwdriver for adjusting the flame intensity of the lighter, pipe cleaners cotton and synthetics. Leather pipe support base, lighters: Zippo, simple butane and torch type, matches.