What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, two big French cut pork chops and pinto beans dinner with a slice of rose lemon cake for dessert. I just finished smoking Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead plug in a well appreciated medium bend, smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Rhodesian999.jpg

Every once in a while, I like to try something different. This time it was MacBaren 7 Seas Royal Blend. On opening the tin, I was greeted with an overpowering smell of vanilla and plum pudding-ugh!
Definitely not for me. Passing it to my son-in-law-he loved it. To him it was like catnip.

After this I filled my Dunhill Shell Briar Bent Rhodesian, and filled it with Erinmore (much more like it) and read the morning news.

"I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs."

Albert Einstein

Pipe1.JPG

Last edited:
Good evening my friends.
Not much chance of a smoke today, as I've spent almost the whole day at the British Legion, helping to arrange a Christmas Lunch, and day of festive activity, for ex vets who have fallen on harder times.
But I'm now just going to brave the cold, and sneak in a crafty pufferation of the exquisite Hobbit Weed, in a vintage Ben Wade nose warmer. And a rather large shot of Jack Daniels. Purely for medicinal purposes you understand. Have a spectacular day my friends. And a Merry Christmas

Ranger I'm having the same problem with the app buddy. It won't allow me to txt in quotes, and my texting jumps about all over the place, missing out of entire places of space. In a word...for me the app is broken Zippo or anyone else whose had problems, were you using a mobile phone and if so what browser? I was using Opera when this happened, so trying Firefox now. Thanks

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a quarter of the way through the first bowl from a freshly opened bag of year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. Gold Star Panama, neat, is my drink. This pipe and tobacco is a tribute to two friends, one who is here, one who has passed.
Barling_249.jpg

Swede buddy l'm using a mobile phone, and chrome browser, it is use to work fine, but using it lately is almost impossible

Here's hoping it straightens out. Looks like some are not having problems, as their posts and replies look as usual. I'm wondering if this could have anything to do with the large number of replies in this thread, but not that knowledgeable on that kind of thing.

Just finished smoking Wesley’s No. 13 Golden Flake in a medium bend 2001 Ural lattice Rhodesian with a yellow with white swirls acrylic saddle stem. I just heard that David "Weezell" Ward passed away from cancer. He wasn't on this forum, but he was a good friend, and like many others who knew him, I shall miss him greatly.
URAL_2001_Rhodesian.jpg

Just finished smoking C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of 2021 Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

Pre dinner, SPC Miss. River Spec. Reserve. Big mug of Yorkshire Tea on the side. Zippo, kudos to you buddy for helping out vets. Our American Legion here does the same. Had a big turkey day dinner at the Legion hall for vets. This Friday the Legion Riders group is stuffing Christmas stocking for the vets at the VA hospital and the Domicilliary, which provides housing for homeless vets. Hoorah.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, rainbow trout and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of year 1983 Condor Long Cut in a smooth straight 1870s Au Pacha meerschaum canted cutty with a sterling silver band and amber orific stem. This style of meer, and most certainly the Condor, were the favorite choices of David "Weezell" Ward, who passed away this afternoon. This smoke is for David. Rest in Peace, my friend.
Au Pacha_cutty.jpg

Now smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching Nero Wolfe starring Mr. Conrad.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg