What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning everybody, for morning it is. And Im starting very early today. Trying to get one or two in before Nurse Ratchet gets here. I shouldn't call her that, she is very nice actually, but her constant fussing, and her evil Stare at my pipe racks drives me nuts lol. Anyway, going to plug a rather hefty 3 pincher, of Petersons Early Morning pipe in a Petersons Killarney XL90. And pufferate like there is no tomorrow. It will be the only chance I get for a few hours Dagnabbit. Enjoy your coffee's my friends, and have an awesome day.

Last edited:
Good morning everybody, for morning it is. And Im starting very early today. Trying to get one or two in before Nurse Ratchet gets here. I shouldn't call her that, she is very nice actually, but her constant fussing, and her evil Stare at my pipe racks drives me nuts lol. Anyway, going to plug a rather hefty 3 pincher, of Petersons Early Morning pipe in a Petersons Killarney XL90. And pufferate like there is no tomorrow. It will be the only chance I get for a few hours Dagnabbit. Enjoy your coffee's my friends, and have

Couldn't sleep, so I'm up and having a bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Been raining for hours and it's cold outside, but I have made sure Daisy the Feral Princess and her brother Tomato the Brave are warm and fed. Wish I could let them in the house because it's very obvious to me that their "owners" don't want them any more.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Good morning,
Trying to smoke a Bari bent Rhodesian with Capt. black dark and a mug of CR coffee, everything is tasteless, Wife and I went to Dr. on Tuesday and we both tested positive for covid. I am at the ending stages,my wife is at the begining stage. I was told to quarantine for 4 days, her for 10 days. I have been very sleepy,sorry I have not been around much.

Couldn't sleep, so I'm up and having a bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Been raining for hours and it's cold outside, but I have made sure Daisy the Feral Princess and her brother Tomato the Brave are warm and fed. Wish I could let them in the house because it's very obvious to me that their "owners" don't want them any more.
View attachment 7319
Jim, so are they truly "feral", i.e. born wild, or just domesticated cats someone has abandoned? Sounds like you have "adopted" them, either way. Good on you.

Good morning,
Trying to smoke a Bari bent Rhodesian with Capt. black dark and a mug of CR coffee, everything is tasteless, Wife and I went to Dr. on Tuesday and we both tested positive for covid. I am at the ending stages,my wife is at the begining stage. I was told to quarantine for 4 days, her for 10 days. I have been very sleepy,sorry I have not been around much.
EZ, sorry to hear that buddy. Hope you are over it soon. Wife and I had it about 2 months ago but only lasted about 3 days.

Good morning fellow BoBs. CS Choctaw in the Don Carlos bent brandy with a big mug of coffee. Watching the sun come up. Been colder than a bears ass in the Yukon the last few days. 16 last night, 24 now at sunrise. Going to stay cold for the rest of the week, in the teens every night. Went out Monday and put blankets on the boys. At least they have shelter to get into and out of the wind. Keep that fire going Zippo, lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221214_155916_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221214_155916_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Jim, so are they truly "feral", i.e. born wild, or just domesticated cats someone has abandoned? Sounds like you have "adopted" them, either way. Good on you.
They are domesticated, and their "owners" had them mainly as outdoor cats. They adopted me because I paid them attention and fed them because they were not getting enough food. The "man" of that house didn't want them inside because he doesn't like the smell of litter boxes. They have a seven year old girl who loves those cats, and they have treated those sweet animals like they are nothing. Tomato started coming around and staying around, and I found out why. Their "owners" got a little puppy at the same time Tomato started spending time here. If I didn't have Suzy and Molly, I would adopt them. We put a couple of small, insulated shelters on our back deck so they can keep warm. And we feed them, of course.

I knew something was wrong when I saw their collars were missing. When I asked the wife about it, she said she didn't know what happened. Yeah, that was B.S. Those collars disappeared right before they got that puppy.

Shy Stripesy is a totally different story. I have fed that cat for two years, and she's still afraid of me. Won't let me get close at all. She had a brother who was friendly, but disappeared earlier this year, and I have no idea what happened to him.

Now smoking first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo. It's still raining and will all day, so no walking reps for me today.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

After breakfast I packed my Dunhill Bruyere with Capstan Navy Flake for a gentle, flavourful smoke and walked into the garden to inspect the new mole traps which I found empty. Right now, the score is 5 to 0 in the moles favour- completely outwitted. So it is back to the mole bombs.

“Every morning I wake up and think good, another 24 hours' pipe smoking."

J. R.R.R. Tolkien

Pipe5.JPG

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am not far from finishing this bowl of Prince Albert in a straight smooth walnut 1927 KBB Kaywoodie Drinkless 86 dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This model was only made in 1927. Gold Star Panama, neat, is my drink.
Kaywoodie_Dublin 86_1927.jpg

Close to finishing this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. The rain finally stopped, but it's dark and windy, so I am staying inside.
Dunhill_1924_ pot.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_PSB_left.jpg