What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last smoke of the day is well aged Art’s Virginia in a 1980s White Pipe straight, smooth Rhodesian meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. The pipe and tobacco were gifts from my late friend Art Arterburn who is continually missed. The blend is 80% McClelland Va.s and 20% McClelland burley. 4Noggins sold it for several years. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
WhitePipe_Rhodesian_Smoked.jpg

Surrey
Fantastic post there mate, and your right the pub Culture in Britain is dying. Mainly because of the huge tax on alcohol, and a shift Toward gastro pubs. But I believe the demise actually started when the ban on smoking in public places came into force.
Im lucky enough to live in a tiny village, which still has a thriving and quintessential English pub. Which has a place put aside for the par-taking and indulgence of the leaf.
Anyway speaking of the leaf, I'm plugging a Savinelli Gaius with some of Rangers delicious Hobbit Weed. A large cappuccino on the side. And I wish you all a good day my friends.

Attachments

• 5220.jpg
    5220.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 0
Got a nice surprise in the mail yesterday all the way from Old Blighty. So plugged the Lorenzo Old Vic giant bent billiard with some of Zippos gifted Condor. Probably should be drinking Yorkshire tea but hard for me to break the coffee habit, lol. Zippo if I ever make it back across the pond we will have to visit that pub and share a stout or two. I remember those kind of pubs fondly when I was there back in the 70s.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Couldn't sleep, so I'm smoking and watching The Falcon in Hollywood on TCM. This is a fun B-movie series.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Surrey
Fantastic post there mate, and your right the pub Culture in Britain is dying. Mainly because of the huge tax on alcohol, and a shift Toward gastro pubs. But I believe the demise actually started when the ban on smoking in public places came into force.
Im lucky enough to live in a tiny village, which still has a thriving and quintessential English pub. Which has a place put aside for the par-taking and indulgence of the leaf.
Anyway speaking of the leaf, I'm plugging a Savinelli Gaius with some of Rangers delicious Hobbit Weed. A large cappuccino on the side. And I wish you all a good day my friends.
Zippo, That picture makes me want to cross the pond! I don’t know of any bar/pub in the United States with that much nostalgia! The sights, sounds, and tastes would be a sensory overload for ole Sturdy.

Enjoying my Mastro De Paja filled with St. Bruno Flake and a large black coffee while reading the news. With a totalitarian mindset that matches their suffocating Covid 19 mandates, New Zealand on Tuesday passed into law a plan to phase out tobacco smoking by imposing a lifetime ban on young people buying cigarettes. The law states that tobacco can't ever be sold to anybody born on or after Jan. 1, 2009. They could have excluded pipe smokers since studies have found that pipe smokers seem to have slightly greater longevity than non-smokers due to the relaxation factor. However, this would not have mattered to these people.

Pipe8.JPG

Enjoyed a bunch of slices of cinnamon raisin French toast, and am half way through the last of this sample of year 2020 Peter Heinrichs Golden Sliced in a smooth straight brown pre-transition Barling 313 T.V.F. EXEXEL pot with a black ebonite saddle stem. Gold Star Panama, neat, is my drink. Can't think of a better coffee to savor.
Barling_EXEXEL_pot.jpg

Just passing the first third of this bowl from a freshly opened tin of year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a 1937 straight smooth dark brown Kaywoodie 8776 B billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. First time smoking this pipe, too.
Kaywoodie 8776 B billiard.jpg