What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning everybody.
Today I'm going to start the 1st of my smokes by plugging a Petersons rusticated Atlantic 01 with some of Gandalf's Staff. This is my own blend of cherry, vanilla custard, chocolate, in a Cavendish base. (You all know i love sweet blends lol). Apart from the sample I made when blending, this will be the 1st time I've tried it since letting it mature as of January last year. So here we go, wish me luck. And I wish you all a great day my friends.
Cherry, vanilla, chocolate, all at once? Sounds like you're smoking See's Valentines candy. LOL.

The Balkan Flake wouldn't pack tight enough to stay lit so I switched to G&H Balkan Mixture.

Ranger; Have you come across any C&D blends that are close to CH? The last time I bought CH I found it was junking up my cobs.
None that I can recall offhand. I like CH so well I haven't looked for a substitute. Don't know if Sutliff makes a CH match but maybe check. Maybe others have advice?

After 2 bowls of burley following your lead with GLP Kensington in a MM general with my last mug of cowboy coffee.

The Balkan Flake wouldn't pack tight enough to stay lit so I switched to G&H Balkan Mixture.

Ranger; Have you come across any C&D blends that are close to CH? The last time I bought CH I found it was junking up my cobs.
Bali, did some research and found recommendations for the following. C&D Pegasus, Big & Burley, and Charham Manor. I've tried all 3 but still prefer CH. Of course YMMV. LOL.

Down on the creek to cut up a fallen walnut. PA in a MM General
20230211_102540.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Finally got a decent night's sleep.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Thanks Ranger! I had Pegasus on my list to try, I just moved it to the top! I'll order that and CH to smoke side by side this spring. I tried Chatham and found it had vanilla, and a poor quality one at that!
Yeah. I wasn't impressed with Chatham Manor either. To be honest I find most of the H&H blends overrated. Tried White Knight, Blackhouse, Magnum Opus. In spite of the high praise, none of them, to me, were even close to BSOSM. The one I did like was 10 to midnight. Unfortunately I couldn't handle the "room note". While it didn't bother me when smoking, the odor clung to me, my hair, and my clothes. Every time I smoked it I wound up smelling like I had laid over a smoldering camp fire all night, lol. Had to go take a shower and toss my clothes in the washer. Damn shame as it is a tasty tobacco. I remember Pegasus as being pretty good but at twice the price would just as soon smoke CH.