What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quarter of the way through this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Mr. Christian’s Brown Flek 2021 in a 2014 Savinelli Gaius smooth brown slight bend 320KS author with a black acrylic military mount ferrule and tapered stem.
Savinelli_Gauis320KS_Author.jpg

Good afternoon BoB's. Really late to the party today. Woke up to 18 degrees and 5" of new snow. Only getting to 36 today. Had to shovel a spot for the doggies to pee, brush off all the snow that blew in under the patio, dig out wife's brothers truck so he could head to Cali. Finally up to 38 on the patio with the heater going. Also had to go clean snow off all the bird feeders. Have to wonder if they appreciate all I do for them. So, finally settling down with some Rivendell in a Pete Rosslare smooth bent apple. Yes Zip, it called to me, lol. Tazo orange tea on the side. Time for some lunch after this. Wife's wonderful home made green pea and ham soup.

Grabbing a chance for one more bowl before dinner. SPC Mississippi RIver Special Edition in a Nording freehand bent tall dublin with Zippos Yorkshire tea. Temps dropping, down to 33. Gonna be another cold night, low of 14. No more snow predicted. Bali, if she looks like my wife she should consider herself lucky, lol. I think my wife looks pretty damn good for 71.

Thanks, I do collect them as users. I'll get a bigger one out for that tree-a 4.5 pounder by Kelly. Are you interested in axes?
Swede, I collect a lot of different old antiques, but not axes. I just noticed it was an old one with the tool company’s stamps. Very nice!

Last edited:
Finished leftover roasted chicken and squash with a little homemade applesauce, now digesting with GLP Kensington in an MM Rob Roy.

Maiden voyage or old pic?
New picture, but third bowl of tobacco. Uhle’s 00, Rum Flake, & Scotch Flake. I purchased the pipe last June, but didn’t smoke it until the first of the year. Quite perceptive seeing the raw bowl. 😀 Attached photo was the maiden voyage Jan. 19th.
5EA34EC9-FCC1-44B1-B19F-1BFD391E24DB.jpeg

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of Dan/DTM Timm’s No Name Gold Flake in a straight smooth brown 1960s patent BBB Guardsman Medium Pastime billiard with a reverse tenon and tapered black vulcanite stem.
BBB_Guardsman_Med_Pastime_billiard.jpg

And I just finished smoking year 2013 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DR 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_Birthyear-right_side.jpg

1st pic. Shaun Johnson. 2nd, me. What do you guys think?
I'm glad to see Witness Protection programs are alive and well. ;)

Enjoyed a tasty Envy apple, and am off to work with a bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg