What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am half way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavazza Espresso, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

I've seen your posts about smoking that blend for so long and the story of your advocacy when Sutliff was going to axe it that I broke down and bought a tin. Smokingpipes.com is having a sale so that was part of the order along with 1 and 2 ounce bulk blends, one for my former tobacconist, and 9 pipes!
Cool. I hope you enjoy it. Try a wide bowl. I think it works best in that kind of pipe.

Now smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Have enough left in the can for one more bowl.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

1676593033624.png

Really enjoying my 2nd experience with Rattrays and I read the connection with Peterson so it makes sense. I smoked it and read jims review after it and as usual he nailed it, but my pallet found it medium to strong. The pipe, an estate buy that the bit was cactus so I replaced it and it is one of my main 5 smokers. Only markings are made in London, England and it has more birds eyes/pitts than a pre pubescent kid with acne :LOL: Maybe a second as I think I read somewhere they would scrub the makers mark. Is it a Magnum? It is to be because it"makes my day punk":LOL: and its fugally and thick like me. I have dropped it on the tile floor and it almost bounced back into my mouth as if to say "is that all ya got".

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm passing the half way mark on this bowl of Dan Tobacco The Mallard Flake Plus Perique in a straight smooth brown 2017 unbranded Upshall Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Here's an example of a pipe that didn't like the burley blend I had smoked in it previously as I'm breaking it in. I switched to a VaPer and am immediately getting better performance. When a pipe doesn't work well with a tobacco genre, a switch to something else often works for me. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
James Upshall_Canadian_Unbranded.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm passing the half way mark on this bowl of Dan Tobacco The Mallard Flake Plus Perique in a straight smooth brown 2017 unbranded Upshall Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Here's an example of a pipe that didn't like the burley blend I had smoked in it previously as I'm breaking it in. I switched to a VaPer and am immediately getting better performance. When a pipe doesn't work well with a tobacco genre, a switch to something else often works for me. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.

View attachment 8130

I know what you mean buy the salad Jim but what is community coffee? Cheap Instant coffee granuals?
I drink the above with glee too as I look at my fancy coffee machine gathering dust I am so lazey:LOL: (y)

Attachments

• 1676603112759.png
    1676603112759.png
    260.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I know what you mean buy the salad Jim but what is community coffee? Cheap Instant coffee granuals?
I drink the above with glee too as I look at my fancy coffee machine gathering dust I am so lazey:LOL: (y)
https://www.communitycoffee.com/
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am off to work with a bowl of D&R Penhooker in a straight smooth brown undated (Colossal) Custom Made Natural Grain Algerian Briar Made In France Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Colossal_Custom Made Natural Grain Canadian.jpg

Starting my day with a DePaja bent apple with CAO Moontrance and a Community coffee k-cup while the coffee perks.
I am off work for a week or so,Courtesy of the NYS Board of Health, It appears like the lawyers of the food poisoning victims are not playing games...

Now smoking a bowl from a freshly opened tin of year 2016 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. It's the last EGR tin I have, with the exception of the very first EGR tin that Sutliff made when they started tin production. That will stay unopened. After this one is smoked up, I'll go back to EGR tubs.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg