What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoking one of my Jima's that I rarely do, strange as I really enjoy them. Jima - Pipedia
And Petersons Balkan Mix, in the works of Borat "Verrrrry Nicccce" (y) :LOL:

1677034790651.png

Good Morning!
Sunny but brisk. I finished last night's pipe and decided a repeat was in order, Kensington in an MM Diplomat Apple. I cleaned out a few jars as I await the delivery of my PAD/TAD order. I've only explored C&D blends flavored with honey or rum, today I'll add maple and cocoa to the list along with a couple of Sutliff offerings that are billed as lightly flavored.

Smoking a Bari Wiking extra long,bent Rhodesian with CAO Moontrance and another mug of CR coffee. Still waiting for my Pete to arrive from England and a Poul Winslow to arrive from Belgrade...
I was looking for tips on cleaning my pipes on the internet earlier (I am lazy and I hate cleaning pipes!) Anyway,theres a couple of guys that put their pipes in the dishwasher! They say it does not affect the briar? it says the pipes are totally dry ,clean and ready to smoke in 2 days, I assume the 2 days is drying time.
Jim, here is your chuckle for the day!
Ranger, may God be with you today for your surgery .

Morning everyone. Unfortunately no pipe this morning and worse, no coffee. Heading into surgery in maybe half hour. Just sitting here with this stupid hospital gown on, lol. Later,
Wishing you all the best buddy. Hope everything goes well, and your be back in the saddle in no time.

Smoking a Bari Wiking extra long,bent Rhodesian with CAO Moontrance and another mug of CR coffee. Still waiting for my Pete to arrive from England and a Poul Winslow to arrive from Belgrade...
I was looking for tips on cleaning my pipes on the internet earlier (I am lazy and I hate cleaning pipes!) Anyway,theres a couple of guys that put their pipes in the dishwasher! They say it does not affect the briar? it says the pipes are totally dry ,clean and ready to smoke in 2 days, I assume the 2 days is drying time.
I can't imagine doing that, it can't be, in any shape or form, good for the pipe. And surely would strip the polish.
Surely you won't try it EZ

Still in shock after reading EZ's mention of people cleaning their pipes in a dishwasher 😲.
So very gently I'm taking a very nervous and trembling Savinelli Oscar Tiger 626 from the wrack. And reassuring it, that when the time comes, I'll clean it very gently. As i tenderly plug it with a loving kiss of Hobbit Weed.

I remember a Dennis the Menace strip years ago when Dennis did his dad a favor by cleaning his pipes in the dishwasher. Maybe that's where they got the idea? :eek:

Ranger, hope all goes well.

EZ, Stupidity is running rampant in 2023. Our societies are based on instant gratification and laziness. I can absolutely see someone putting a pipe in the dishwasher. A guy asked why tobacco pipes aren’t made of glass on another forum. What we consider lazy is the new generations 100% effort! I want to go back in time and stay there.

Just passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2016 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

I believe it. I know a couple of guys who wash out their pipe cleaners so they can reuse them.