What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amazing varieties and colours, styles of pipes MM are putting out I think they will be the only ones I will be buying in the near and far future.
Don't neglect the Pride and Legend, I buy the bent models and straight Danish replacement stems that I bend to my liking. They're cheap enough to thow away when they get gunked up.

Smoking some Three Nuns Red in a Yorkshire (Sears) billiard.
Sears-Pipe-007.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm passing the half way mark on this bowl of 2017 Watch City Deluxe Crumb Cut in a 2016 Peretti's M.T. Natural made in Holland straight smooth brown Algerian briar billiard with a tapered black acrylic stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
M.T. Natural.jpg

Ranger107, I am seeing that it does slow down the burn and it goes more from the front towards the back. I also am getting burns down to the bottom with very little to no unburned tobacco-just ashes. On the flavor, I'm not sure yet. Have some GLP Triple Play out drying and lined up for tomorrow am. I should be able to tell. I've had some awesome bowls of this in Savinelli Trevi 320EX.
I'll try it with my system pipes next time I smoke one of them.

Half way through this bowl of Wilke Gentry Royal Blend No. 2 in a black sandblast quarter bend undated Briarcraft (Dr. Grabow made) Wimbledon 810 author with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Working and listening to The Shadow from my own collection.
Briarcraft-Wimbledon810 author.jpg

Don't neglect the Pride and Legend, I buy the bent models and straight Danish replacement stems that I bend to my liking. They're cheap enough to thow away when they get gunked up.
I defiantly wont mate (y) Yes I buy all the stems I can get my hands on, I bought 3 Denmark Ben Wade freehands with out stems so I am spoilt for choice now.

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking C&D Virginia Gentleman in a straight smooth dark brown pre-1940s Comoy’s Jost’s Olde English Supreme J299 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Comoy's_Jost's Old English Supreme J299 billiard.jpg

Look out guys I am on a pipe smoking, playstation bender ;):D

Having a pipstar swisss_made Lovat briar and some Sillmans green for the first time. Very nice, I don't smoke many aros recently . Just only if I am in the mood I forgot a little bit how much I enjoy them. Excited to open a cobblestone fruit and rum soon I will let you know.

1678359392718.png

Good morning,
Smoking a Hilson long bent author with MB # 1 Virginia and a mug of CR coffee, I tried smoking my usual 7 seas and had a coughing fit (head cold!) but for some odd reason the VA. does not bother me at all. Very strange,but I`m grateful.

Good Morning!
I slept a bit late this morning after being up in the middle of the night. Before returning to bed I opened an aging jar of C&D Bright Virginia Ribbon only to find it dry as a bone! I wasn't deterred and loaded up a Rob Roy and found that it tasted good but smoked to hot. Out came the distilled water, pouch humidifier and 2 ounce metal cup along with an eight ounce tobacco bar jar. I took out some tobacco for the bar and inserted the saturated humidifier then crumbled up half a paper towel, put it in the cup, saturated it and enclosed it in the large jar.

Needless to say the dried out tobacco burnt fast and hot, and not ready to head for bed I filled an Apple Diplomat with Charring Cross. I'm finishing that now with a cup of coffee and waiting for the phone call to let me know the hatchlings are ready to be picked up.

Carl, Sounds like you got the MM Salem Woodsman. I like the way the Southport Ferryman smokes, but it’s off balanced for clenching. Happy puffing!
Bali,

I think I'll zip MM a note and tell them about the mistake they made. Who knows, they might compensate me somehow.

Carl

GLP Triple Play in a Peterson 302. I think the advantage of this pipe and the recommended packing method is that it is easier for me to keep the ember at a slow easy smoulder. I am getting good initial taste from this blend pretty equal to some good bowls in a Savinelli Trevi 320EX. I think this has something to do with the p-lip stem bore