What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning,
Tough night sleeping due to congestion, Smoking a Pete Lestrade with MB 7 seas regular blend ,mug of Yukon coffee. A fellow pipe smoker told me that the Virginia pipe tobacco causes congestion with smokers? I have never heard of this, I think he`s full of sh-t ! Although ,my wife told me that the Virginia tobacco I smoke is very dense and she would like me to smoke it outdoors.

Good Morning!
After a crappy night's sleep, statin, beer or chicken, I'm starting the day with GLP Westminster in an MM Apple Diplomat along with coffee.

@EZONSLOW MB 7 Seas Regular is an aromatic with Burley, Black Cavendish and Virginia, or basically everything. There are also casing, topping and probably humectants, like the antifreeze PG (propylene glycol). Check on tobaccoreviews.com and try to eliminate components until you find the culprit. The only blender I confirmed doesn't use humectants other than distilled water for moisture is C&D. I haven't found that dried GH blends have that unnatural feeling that PG generally leaves. @JimInks may have other suggestions.

Good Afternoon my friends. Plugging a bowl of Early Morning Pipe in a Parker Jockey club bulldog 73. Another beautiful day here in Ye olde England. Sitting in the garden, watching a blue tit build her nest, in one of the many nest boxes I have scattered around. I'm thinking of having a small WiFi spy cam put inside it, so I can see what's going on in there, I'm nosey like that 🤣

Attachments

• 00206.png
    00206.png
    432.5 KB · Views: 0
Good Afternoon my friends. Plugging a bowl of Early Morning Pipe in a Parker Jockey club bulldog 73. Another beautiful day here in Ye olde England. Sitting in the garden, watching a blue tit build her nest, in one of the many nest boxes I have scattered around. I'm thinking of having a small WiFi spy cam put inside it, so I can see what's going on in there, I'm nosey like that 🤣
So, if you're putting in a spy cam to watch blue tits would that make you a voyeur? Lol.

Zippos fav Hobbits in a Butz Choquin magnum bent brandy with morning coffee. Wife wants to go to Cali to see family and an old friend. Trying to gear myself up for the trip. I absolutely hate going to SoCal. Horrible traffic, stupid drivers, and her family are mostly liberal democrats. Hard to have a civil conversation with them.

Half way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Good morning,
Tough night sleeping due to congestion, Smoking a Pete Lestrade with MB 7 seas regular blend ,mug of Yukon coffee. A fellow pipe smoker told me that the Virginia pipe tobacco causes congestion with smokers? I have never heard of this, I think he`s full of sh-t ! Although ,my wife told me that the Virginia tobacco I smoke is very dense and she would like me to smoke it outdoors.
Your friend is rattling misinformation. Some people have problems with the PH content in bright Virginias, and I knew a guy who would get mouth sores from smoking red Va., but all of that is due to genetic reactions. Never heard of anybody who experienced congestion from Virginias, but if he does, it's due to his genetics, and is not a commonplace reaction.

Good Morning!
After a crappy night's sleep, statin, beer or chicken, I'm starting the day with GLP Westminster in an MM Apple Diplomat along with coffee.

@EZONSLOW MB 7 Seas Regular is an aromatic with Burley, Black Cavendish and Virginia, or basically everything. There are also casing, topping and probably humectants, like the antifreeze PG (propylene glycol). Check on tobaccoreviews.com and try to eliminate components until you find the culprit. The only blender I confirmed doesn't use humectants other than distilled water for moisture is C&D. I haven't found that dried GH blends have that unnatural feeling that PG generally leaves. @JimInks may have other suggestions.
I have heard some people complain about PG. The best bet for @EZONSLOW is to experiment and see what may bother him. And as it is Spring time, allergies and pollen may be the real cause of the problem. Pollen certainly affects my sinuses.

Not sure about the temp. A calm, but overcast morning. Rusticated Italian poker in a British tradition with new Night Train. None of that matters though, because I couldn't taste it. Looks like I'll be taking a break from smoking, unless of course I just feel like the ritual of it all. I wash my hands a lot, and I noticed last night that I could not smell my lotion at all, and it has a pretty powerful scent. Though I've known it all be be stunted lately, I was surprised I couldn't smell this lotion at all. I was hoping I was climbing out of this saga. Darn it.

The first bowl of Westminster was good enough to call for another, it's first real test. I took it on a ride to the grocery store without a beverage and upon arriving home I didn't run for something to clear my mouth with. It also had a pleasant flavor on the ride home after sitting unlit in the car for the better part of an hour.

@Ranger107 I approach Liberals and Conservatives the same way, I consider myself a moderate, in a political discussion I try to expose the extremes as untenable.