What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have just over a third of a bowl left of year 2022 unreleased Sutliff Brown Virginia Flake in a 1909 medium bend smooth dark brown BBB Umbra bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem with an orific bit. Listening to an interview with the great radio star Elliott Lewis.
BBB_Umbra_bulldog.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am passing the first third of this bowl of year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Barling_249.jpg

Did a little snacking, and am now smoking 1960s Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in a medium bend dark brown 2017 Don Warren 17 smooth straight grain rough top Dublin with a multi-brown cumberland stem and ferrule in the military mount style. Have enough for one more bowl. I don't smoke this pipe as much as I would like because I dedicated it the original ERR, which is the only blend this pipe has had. Great smoker, and I really like knowing I'll get what I'm supposed to get when I smoke it.
DWarren_2017.jpg

I'm smoking CD Habana Daydream in a Larsen cognac. I hope that works out because I think the pipe kind of looks like a cigar. For the first time I tried the Air Pocket Packing Method, and although it makes for a shorter smoke, I find the draw easier. It's all lined out in Fred Hana's book The Perfect Smoke, which is a must read for all of us BoBs I think.

How do you like Habana Daydream? Have you listened to Fred Hanna's interview on Pipesmagazine.com Radio Show (podcast)? I'm thinking of buying his book on Amazon. Did you happen to meet him at the Chicago Pipe Show?

How do you like Habana Daydream? Have you listened to Fred Hanna's interview on Pipesmagazine.com Radio Show (podcast)? I'm thinking of buying his book on Amazon. Did you happen to meet him at the Chicago Pipe Show?
I smoked with him on Saturday night, I told him I was planning on getting his book on my Kindle, and he told me to drink a lot of coffee, which I do. Habana Daydream is a winner, I got my cigar-looking cognac out and a Cuban looking hat, I'm excited about it. I wish I could tell you more, I've only smoked it a handful of times, I think the cigar leaf comes through nicely.

Good morning gents. Beautiful sunny day here in the mountains. Starting with Urban Cowboy in a Lorenzo Old Vic bent billiard and a big mug of CR coffee. Easy day for a change. Dentist appointment at 11. Rest of the day is yard chores and honey do list. Covey of quail just stopped by for a quick snack. For some reason they don't hang around for very long. Wishing everyone a great day. EZ, tell them the SOB should hang and they will toss you off the the jury pronto. Lol.

Attachments

• 20230509_072002.jpg
    20230509_072002.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230509_071821.mp4
    16.6 MB
New tobacco for me. CS Sweet Burley in a Pete System B42 with another mug of coffee. Didn't realize when I ordered this that it was an aromatic. They say vanilla but I don't taste it. A good blend but a bit too sweet for me. Zippo would probably love it, lol. I'll stick with Rivendell or Choctaw or even Old Toby.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg