What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. I may end the day with this smoke.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Earlier, I smoked several years old Dunhill Elizabethan in a straight smooth, dark brown patent era 1952 Dunhill Bruyere ODA apple 806 B124 with a black vulcanite tapered stem.
Dunhill_1952Apple_ODA_Bruyere_806 B124.jpg

Now, I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2002 Dunhill Durbar in a brown medium bend 2002 Ser Jacopo Delecta Fatta A Mano R1 sandblast Rhodesian with a smooth extension at the shank with a military mount and a tapered black acrylic stem. Forgot I had a sample of this, which I found while looking for something else.
Ser_Jacopo_DelectaR1_rhodesian.jpg

Now smoking Angler's Dream in a 2018 natural smooth medium bend Peterson 03 apple silver spigot military mount with a tapered black acrylic fish tail stem. Hopefully, this will be my last smoke of the day. Time to feed the ferals. Shy Stripesy has been showing up again the last three days, but she looks disheveled, and neglected. After more than two years of feeding her, she's still afraid of me, but she was sitting on the mat in front of the back door. Guess that doesn't mean much because she runs as soon as I come out, but I put down food for her away from Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave. And the black cat that has started showing up about a couple of months is afraid of me, too. Well, I do the best I can especially because Daisy and Tomato are afraid of them, and let those two eat their food without an argument.
Peterson03_Natural_Spigot_2Stems.jpg

Now smoking Angler's Dream in a 2018 natural smooth medium bend Peterson 03 apple silver spigot military mount with a tapered black acrylic fish tail stem. Hopefully, this will be my last smoke of the day. Time to feed the ferals. Shy Stripesy has been showing up again the last three days, but she looks disheveled, and neglected. After more than two years of feeding her, she's still afraid of me, but she was sitting on the mat in front of the back door. Guess that doesn't mean much because she runs as soon as I come out, but I put down food for her away from Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave. And the black cat that has started showing up about a couple of months is afraid of me, too. Well, I do the best I can especially because Daisy and Tomato are afraid of them, and let those two eat their food without an argument.
View attachment 9479
Mmmmm stray pussy takes a while to tame from my experiences Jimbo ;)

Many years ago, my friend's pipe smoking grandfather took it upon himself to explain the ins and outs of pipe smoking to us in an effort to convince us to drop the cigarettes.

His best advice about packing a bowl was "the less you think about it, the better it'll smoke". I've always found this to be true.

These days I just grab loose wads of tobacco and shove them in the pipe until it's about full. Works far better for me than all those fancy "packing methods" floating around the internet.
A man after my own heart so true, dont over think it.

Good Morning!
I got back to sleep but when I got up this morning I was still sore and swollen, it's probably the plastic bottle condiments I had with dinner last night. Chores were done over an expanded time frame and now I get a Diplomat filled with Abingdon and a cup of black coffee.

Just passing the quarter mark on this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg