What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking Wilke Hearth of Galway in an undated smooth straight medium brown made in France Saillard Lord Clerit lumberman with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Taking a very short break to stretch my back. Listening to an early Phil Harris and Alice Faye show on The Fitch Bandwagon from my collection.
Lord_Clerit_Lumberman.jpg

Finished work for the day, enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and my last smoke of the day is New Watch City Beta Test in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

I'm smoking some C&D Old Joe Krantz in a McCranie billiard. Been smoking a lot of this blend lately; have smoked over six ounces of it in the last week. It smokes cool like Carter Hall but is a little more robust in flavor. I've been away for a while but nothing is wrong, just spending a little more time away from the internet and doing other things. Been active with our pipe club and am trying to get more new members to start coming to the meetings. Signed us up with United Pipe Clubs of America (UPCA) and got the first person to inquire about attending our next meeting based on the UPCA connection!
Mc-Cranie-Pipe-002.jpg

61° and clearing. Supposed to rain on/off all day, but I fit it in in-between the showers. Rusticated Italian poker in a British tradition with new Night Train (actually about a year old now). Great smoke, full of nuttiness, dark fruit, and even a little caramel. I don't really dedicate pipes with any steadfastness, but I used to only grab this pipe with VAs and VaPers. Since trying this with Night Train, it's really the only tobacco I like to smoke out of this pipe. Aren't pipes weirdos? I would have graded this pipe a solid 6-7/10 smoker, but with Night Train, it really sings. 8.25/10.

I'm smoking some C&D Old Joe Krantz in a McCranie billiard. Been smoking a lot of this blend lately; have smoked over six ounces of it in the last week. It smokes cool like Carter Hall but is a little more robust in flavor. I've been away for a while but nothing is wrong, just spending a little more time away from the internet and doing other things. Been active with our pipe club and am trying to get more new members to start coming to the meetings. Signed us up with United Pipe Clubs of America (UPCA) and got the first person to inquire about attending our next meeting based on the UPCA connection!
Mc-Cranie-Pipe-002.jpg
If I wasn't 100 plus miles away, I'd join and attend meetings at Smokeys. Maybe when I'm in town and a meeting is scheduled, I could drop by.

Mc-Cranie-Pipe-002.jpg
Tried OJK and I liked the taste but it was a bit too robust for me. Also the only blend I ever git a nic hit from. Then someone gifted me some OJK Red Label and I enjoy it quite a bit.

61° and clearing. Supposed to rain on/off all day, but I fit it in in-between the showers. Rusticated Italian poker in a British tradition with new Night Train (actually about a year old now). Great smoke, full of nuttiness, dark fruit, and even a little caramel. I don't really dedicate pipes with any steadfastness, but I used to only grab this pipe with VAs and VaPers. Since trying this with Night Train, it's really the only tobacco I like to smoke out of this pipe. Aren't pipes weirdos? I would have graded this pipe a solid 6-7/10 smoker, but with Night Train, it really sings. 8.25/10.
Yep I have 2 Stanwell Brushed Black pipes, a pot and an apple. Both good smokers but they both love Lat blends. Or I love them with Lat blends, lol. Really good pipes for being so cheap.

Passing the half way mark on this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of New Watch City Beta Test in an undated, unbranded straight lattice meerschaum military mount with a silver cap and tapered yellow acrylic stem. Just finished a tasty lunch, and am deciding on my next smoke.
Unbranded MM meer.jpg