What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2015 H&H Viprati in a 2000s brown quarter bend sandblast Pierluigi 140 brandy military mount with a silver cap and a caramel acrylic saddle stem.
Pierluigi_brandy.jpg

This company made great pipes. I have two more that I haven't smoked only because I can't decide what tobacco genres to dedicate them, too. I can be very slow about that.
Pierluigi_SS_egg.jpg

Pierluigi_brandy_large.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am off to work with a bowl of D&R Raccoon’s Friend in a pre-1980s straight dark brown Comoy's Sandblast 186 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Listening to the Dodgers-White Sox game.
Comoy's_Sandblast 186 billiard.jpg

Finished work for the day, and smoked a bowl of Wilke No. 111 in a straight smooth medium brown 2016 Brigham Klondike 16 bulldog with a tapered black acrylic stem. I'll complete this story tomorrow. Fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave. Tomato was very unhappy about me giving attention to Eager Abner, and didn't show up yesterday at all. I searched the neighborhood, and he didn't respond when I called his name. Early this evening, I was chatting with a neighbor, and saw Tomato in my neighbor's neighbor's bushes. I called to him, and he came near me, but wouldn't come to me as usual. I guess he figured ten minutes of that punishment was enough for me because I went to him, and gave him a lot of attention. Then, I started walking to my house and he walked with me because the li'l bugger knew I would feed him. He got plenty more attention from me and m'lady, and he ate like a hungry bear. Abner tried to make friends with him, but Tomato just sat there and didn't make a move. Abner gave up and walked off to wherever it is he goes. But, Tomato showed up this evening, so I guess he's okay now.
Brigham_Klondike16_bulldog.jpg

Last edited:
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Carter Hall in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 437/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This will end my smoking day. Well, Daisy and Tomato were not happy to see Eager Abner return. I tried to feed Tomato, who did some eating, but Abner came over, and I picked him up and took him back to his plate. Tomato was so ticked off by all of this, and me, I suppose, that he ran from me even though I was playing traffic cop for him, and so he didn't finish his food. Daisy was the smart one: she snuck in the house by my feet and ate while I was outside. Tomato wanted in as well, but I managed to stop him. Molly Danger stood there and showed everybody how a cat hisses at her enemies. Guess this isn't going to be as easy as I hoped.
4AB_Rust_left.jpg

If I wasn't 100 plus miles away, I'd join and attend meetings at Smokeys. Maybe when I'm in town and a meeting is scheduled, I could drop by.
You'd be welcome to come if you are in Knoxville. The meetings are on the third Wednesday of each month at 6:00 pm. Let me know if you are in town.

Good morning,
Starting my day with a Bari Wiking freehand,Stanwell vanilla and a mug of freshly perked Community coffee, Beautiful morning 65 and sunny.
I had a shouting match with my boss last night at his meeting-He apparently has gotten calls from other catering companies looking for references on me! LOL! What a jerk...

Gave up trying to sleep, so I fed Tomato the Brave, and am half way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Good morning everybody. And another beautiful day it is too in old blighty. Today I thought I'd try something a little different to smoke. But then as I was perusing over the choices in my cellar. I thought to hell with it, and picked up my Jar of beloved Hobbit Weed, which I'm going to fill into this Filigree adorned Bent Apple. Sit in my garden, and take in the delights of nature, on this beautiful day. I hope your day is as every bit as awesome my friends.
20230614_125855.jpg
20230614_125822.jpg

Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2015 H&H Viprati in a 2000s brown quarter bend sandblast Pierluigi 140 brandy military mount with a silver cap and a caramel acrylic saddle stem.
View attachment 10340

This company made great pipes. I have two more that I haven't smoked only because I can't decide what tobacco genres to dedicate them, too. I can be very slow about that.
View attachment 10341
View attachment 10342

View attachment 10340

View attachment 10341
View attachment 10342
Jim, I have a question for you, sir. About a year ago I bought a Radice Rind finished Canadian panel (squared off) with a rectangular shank from Smoking pIpes.com. I love the pipe, and it smokes nicely. My only problem with it is discoloration of the briar. Is there any was to clean or refresh the finish on the briar? Your first Viprati looks great, and I would appreciate any advice you could give me about this.
Thanks for your time and attention.