What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afternoon my friends. Today I'm going to fill a MMCC Country Gent with some awesome Rivendell. I can't think of a pipe and leaf, that are better suited to each other than these two. Truly a match made in smokers heaven. Well OK, Hobbit Weed is still the most sublime ever IMHO. but dang I love these two CS blends. Just so annoyed I can't buy these in England. So I'm ever so greatfull to everybody's great buddy Ranger. Cheers Ranger mate, your a superstar amongst pipers.

I have 4 of my Grandfather's pipes, and 7 of my father's. They are in my treasured collection of Pipes, and regardless of thier age. They are all awesome smokers. But I tend to just look at them, more than I smoke them, is that weird?.
That’s great that you have an entire lineage of pipes. I understand why you would only smoke them occasionally. I have my uncle Dana’s 1970’s Kaywoodie that I feel the same way. It was his last pipe before he died in 1980. I only wish I had my dad’s.
54987AF2-C7CC-42EE-8A00-F9FA899D5E75.jpeg

Good morning and happy TGIF for you poor working stiffs. Enjoying CS Choctaw in a Butz Choquin magnum bent brandy with Costa Rican coffee. Went out to fill the bird feeders and almost froze my butt off. 29 but feels like 24 per weather channel. Feels colder than that to me. Anyway, Zippo, my Dad was a confirmed cigarette smoker but he did smoke pipes for a while. Had maybe 6 or 7. I do remember he had a Falcon and a Kirsten. After he passed they just disappeared. I think my BIL scared them but not sure why as he never smoked pipes only cigars.

Afternoon my friends. Today I'm going to fill a MMCC Country Gent with some awesome Rivendell. I can't think of a pipe and leaf, that are better suited to each other than these two. Truly a match made in smokers heaven. Well OK, Hobbit Weed is still the most sublime ever IMHO. but dang I love these two CS blends. Just so annoyed I can't buy these in England. So I'm ever so greatfull to everybody's great buddy Ranger. Cheers Ranger mate, your a superstar amongst pipers.
Zippo, Rivendell is a CS blend but HW comes from 4 Noggins. Originally blended and sold by Tewksbury in NY, but recreated by 4 Noggins after the shop closed in 2016. But not to worry, more HW and Rivendell headed your way with a bit of Figgy Pudding thrown in also.

Zippo, Rivendell is a CS blend but HW comes from 4 Noggins. Originally blended and sold by Tewksbury in NY, but recreated by 4 Noggins after the shop closed in 2016. But not to worry, more HW and Rivendell headed your way with a bit of Figgy Pudding thrown in also.
Well I'm disappointed that both 4noggins & CS, don't export either blends to the UK. But considering our taxation, I'm hardly surprised lol. So you remain forever in my dept my friend. And I thank you sir, for the information. U da man 🫡.

Belated Good Morning!
I packed an MM Diplomat with GLP Kensington for the ride to and from the grocery. All stocked up on fruit and veggies! My dad was a cigarette smoker but knew what pipe accessories were. He worked ar the airport and brought me hope forgotten accessories, brass pipe stand, leather tobacco pouch and Dunhill lighter come to mind!

Sturdy Papa; I agree with Zippo that stem looks great, I think I need to place an order with Vermont Freehand!

Belated Good Morning!
I packed an MM Diplomat with GLP Kensington for the ride to and from the grocery. All stocked up on fruit and veggies! My dad was a cigarette smoker but knew what pipe accessories were. He worked ar the airport and brought me hope forgotten accessories, brass pipe stand, leather tobacco pouch and Dunhill lighter come to mind!

Sturdy Papa; I agree with Zippo that stem looks great, I think I need to place an order with Vermont Freehand!
Balisong, You won’t regret it. They have 34 different colors to choose from. Shipping is super quick too. They will bend the stem to your specifications if requested.

28°, breezy, and sunny. British prince with 5 year old Night Train. The top of the bowl was very spicy and tangy, but it settled down after that. Night Train is the weirdest thing for me. It can be dark fruit and prunes, which is why I smoke it at all, but it can also be so tangy that it borders on being sour, which is really not my thing. Years ago, I never experienced the tang. I don't know if it is me or if they have changed components. Many of the bowls I would label as sublime are with Night Train, but geez, I do not like those moments of tangyness.

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg