What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: Lee van Cleef meers; I rather enjoy mine. As we all know, pipes may look alike but that doesn't mean they smoke the same.
Yep, mine looked good, smoked okay, but had thin walls and the bowl would get very hot. After smoking for maybe 5 minutes the bowl would get so hot I couldn't even hold the pipe. Never had a meer get hot before. So I exchanged it for the carved apple.

Yep, mine looked good, smoked okay, but had thin walls and the bowl would get very hot. After smoking for maybe 5 minutes the bowl would get so hot I couldn't even hold the pipe. Never had a meer get hot before. So I exchanged it for the carved apple.
Yeah, that would cause problems, sounds like poor quality control there. Ceramic and clay pipes all have the same problem (or at least the ones I've tried have).

Passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2016 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

A beautiful 51° and sunny day here in Virginia. Woke up early and hung out with the birds and squirrels as I enjoyed GH&Co Bob’s Chocolate Flake in a Southport Ferryman. Second pipe was HH Old Dark Fired in a Diplomat Apple. And the third pipe was GH&Co Rum Flake in the Patriot. The trio…
72A45080-78B4-4F33-8A0C-3577F4B00F13.jpeg

Good evening my fellow BoBs and friends. Been a very busy day for me today, starting with a morning trip to the hospital for my tri monthly scans. Then off to the Thursday antique Market to have a snoop round.
A spot of lunch at one of Mrs Zs fave restaurants. Then back home. All without a single smoke 🤪. But Mrs Z has now got me into my den. So going to make up for it now by plugging a MM Country Gent with some awesome Hobbit Weed. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A perfect marriage of pipe and leaf. Thank you Ranger my friend, for gifting me my taste of Heaven.
Have a great day everybody

Been awhile since I visited the site, but I stumbled upon the link when looking through my bookmarks. While I don't smoke my pipes nearly as often as I once did (back in the Stokers Haven days), today's walk this morning out at the park included a very enjoyable smoke in the meerschaum poker (Stokers Haven 2004) with some 20 year old GLP CumberlandX. I don't recall what necessitated the strikeout and distinction between this blend and the original GLP Cumberland, but it was a great smoke when it was originally bought and is even better with 20 years of age on it. Including a YouTube link to a video I took at my sittin' spot this morning (apologies if that violates any rules--please remove link if it does) and pipe and tobacco pics.

Pigg River, Waid Recreation Park, Franklin County, VA

image_50393857.JPG
image_50406401.JPG
image_50386433.JPG
image_67185409.JPG
image_67174401.JPG

Look out guys I am on a pipe smoking, playstation bender ;):D

Having a pipstar swisss_made Lovat briar and some Sillmans green for the first time. Very nice, I don't smoke many aros recently . Just only if I am in the mood I forgot a little bit how much I enjoy them. Excited to open a cobblestone fruit and rum soon I will let you know.

View attachment 8439
Cool pipe. Enjoy!

Now smoking Seattle Pipe Club Virginia Jazz in a smooth medium brown medium bend 1950s B.B.B. Own Make 307 apple with a sterling silver band and black vulcanite saddle stem. Haven't smoked this pipe in a while, but it's a great smoker as all old BBBs are. Working on a review of this blend.
BBB_Own_Make307_apple .jpg

Enjoying a tranquil bowl of GH&Co Dark Flake Aromatic while watching the rainstorm here in sunny California.

A pleasant smoke, but I was hoping for more Lakeland flavor. I wonder if anyone might point me toward the most Lakeland heavy blend available on the market? Seems I can't get enough of the stuff.