What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking Sutliff Anomalous (Signature Series) in a 1960s Austrian meerschaum bent apple with a tapered yellow stem. It goes on sale on the 15th. I'm working on a review. No walking reps today since it's still raining. The ice has melted, though.
Austrian_meer_apple.jpg

After breakfast bowl of Bali's any time Kensington in a Charaton made Chippendale straight dublin. A rare Bloody Mary on the side. I know, an odd pairing, but actually a pretty good combo. I usually only drink these at the Legion after we are done with Sunday breakfast. But, as it's almost noon thought I would indulge, lol.

Pre dinner

Good luck. Hope you find one you like.
They only had two that were big enough for me; one was a carved Frankenstein head and the other was a carved head of a Country Gentleman. The latter was nice but I'm going to think about it a couple of days and if it's still there on Wednesday night (pipe club night), I may buy it. The brand is Paykoc - do you know anything about this brand? It seems to be very well made.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking the soon-to-be released Sutliff Anomalous (Signature Series) in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink as I review this blend.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

They only had two that were big enough for me; one was a carved Frankenstein head and the other was a carved head of a Country Gentleman. The latter was nice but I'm going to think about it a couple of days and if it's still there on Wednesday night (pipe club night), I may buy it. The brand is Paykoc - do you know anything about this brand? It seems to be very well made.
Not familiar with that brand tho I have heard of them. Maybe do a Google search for reviews.

Well, my stem straightening was a big failure. Thought I had it pliable but when I put pressure on it, the stem snapped in half. Was a clean break so trying to epoxy it back together. If that doesn't work who would you guys recommend to send the stem to for a replacement.

Enjoying a Monday morning bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding Special Reserve given to me by Timbo in my Peterson House pipe with my coffee. I am trying the Peterson packing method Swede posted about here recently. This is the second time I've tried it (the first was last night - a bowl of Quiet Nights in my Peterson 2S), and it does seem to work well in my Petersons.

Attachments

• HousePete.jpg
    HousePete.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Well, my stem straightening was a big failure. Thought I had it pliable but when I put pressure on it, the stem snapped in half. Was a clean break so trying to epoxy it back together. If that doesn't work who would you guys recommend to send the stem to for a replacement.
Briarville.

Just finished smoking year 2013 Capstan Gold in a straight black 1932 Dunhill R double patent shell pot with a vernon tenon and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_1932_pot.jpg

Now smoking Sutliff Anomalous (Signature Series) in a straight smooth brown walnut 1980s James Upshall P pot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This may get me to dinner time. Still working on a review of this blend.
James Upshall_Pot.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of Sutliff Anomalous (Signature Series) in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer with a tapered dark tortoise shell colored acrylic stem. I'll post my review of this tomorrow at TR. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
CAO-Bacchus.jpg