What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two Dunhills + Two Tobaccos

tempImageYHRyJa.png
Root Briar, 1960, Canadian just over 6", Silver Wind Cap = Spilman's Mixture
Red Bark, 1972, Chimney (shape # 587), 5 3/4", = Prince Albert

Enjoyed a terrific lunch today: a bowl of freshly made tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. That was followed by two slices of Cozonac Crema cu Lapte brioche with milk cream center. One of them had a Romanian peach jelly spread. I also had two slices of Cozonac Insiropat Nuci & Cirese (cherry walnut vanilla) brioche. One of them had a Romanian cherry jelly spread. I followed that up with a Jethro Bodine size bowl of Raisin Bran with added raisins and a golden delicious apple on the side. Had two couple of Chinese tea as well.

Almost finished smoking KBV Meadow Lark in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a silver band and a pearl brown acrylic saddle stem. Working on a review of this blend.
URAL_Etched_Egg.jpg

A little slow today; the WX is just to dang nice not to enjoy the back yard patio!! Granger in a Ropp Supreme Cherrywood bent and Gatlin-Burley in a MM "original" straight cob. Made fresh country sausage, cheese, and fresh mushroom omelets for the "Boss" and I. Dark, strong Pinon coffee to wash it all down!!!! FTRPLT

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Enjoying my weekly pipe zoom.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Souped up one of the basket meerschaums I bought at the show with a new-old Teflon tenon, I've got my purchases up on the pipe racks, and I'm enjoying MB Virginia no 1 in a Scottie Piersel pencil shank pot. I'm going to have to fix the new MM cob as soon as I get the epoxy, the shank came a little undone.

Now smoking KBV Meadow Lark in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Had a fun zoom, and am back to working on a review of this blend.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

The race was great, so wasn't the pipe and wine. I packed a Rob Roy with Kensington to pass time until the chicken's cool enough to cut.

Riuniti from college days.
I had a friend who was old enough to buy when I was in high school (16)! We'd go into the liquor store and depending on budget get a bottle each of Boone's Farm ($1), Amici Lambrusco ($1.25) or Riunite and find a secluded spot in the park not far from there to down them. The good old days!

A few minutes away from smoking year 2016 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake in a straight smooth terracotta 2014 Sherlock Holmes Baker Street bulldog with sterling silver band and a tapered black p-lip stem.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes BakerStreet_Terracotta.jpg

I'm smoking a prerelease of Seattle Pipe Club's Down Yonder, a slightly fruity Virginia blend, in a CAO bent bulldog meerschaum. Just fixed the strap on my eight-pipe leather bag so it stops sliding down my back like it was doing at the show. A leather hole punch and some baling wire. Otherwise the bag worked great.

The race was great, so wasn't the pipe and wine. I packed a Rob Roy with Kensington to pass time until the chicken's cool enough to cut.

I had a friend who was old enough to buy when I was in high school (16)! We'd go into the liquor store and depending on budget get a bottle each of Boone's Farm ($1), Amici Lambrusco ($1.25) or Riunite and find a secluded spot in the park not far from there to down them. The good old days!
Yep, Boones Farm and MD 2020. Beverage of choice for poor college students. Lol.

I'm smoking a prerelease of Seattle Pipe Club's Down Yonder, a slightly fruity Virginia blend, in a CAO bent bulldog meerschaum. Just fixed the strap on my eight-pipe leather bag so it stops sliding down my back like it was doing at the show. A leather hole punch and some baling wire. Otherwise the bag worked great.
Baling wire? You do know you can buy leather latigo on Amazon right?

Pre dinner. Sutliff Presbyterian match kindly gifted by Haebar in a Sav Hercules 320EX author. Yukon Jack Canadian liqueur as an appetizer, lol. Excellent pairing. 9.0 on the Zenometer. Tossed the last bowl of Storm Front. Wiii open and jar the tin of Drucquer Levant tomorrow so I can keep up with Bali. Lol.