What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave. I'm off to work with a bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. In case you haven't noticed, this has been a Pete day. :)
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling.jpg

Now smoking D&R Penhooker Silver in a straight smooth brown undated pre-Republic Peterson Shamrock 263 Canadian with a nickel band and a tapered black p-lip stem. Working and listening to the Red Sox-Padres game.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Shamrock.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of D&R Penhooker in a 1990 straight dark brown Commemorative reproduction of the 1890 Peterson Patent System 12393 stack billiard with a silver band and a bowed black acrylic 32 AB long stem p-lip. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Listening to Burns and Allen on the XM.
Peterson_Commen. Billiard-Stack.jpg

Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2012 Carter Hall in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 437/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Time to feed the ferals, check on the status of the estate pipes I've been cleaning, and then read baseball box scores.
4AB_Rust_left.jpg

Good Morning!
It took a bit to catch up on all the posts. After reading the posts about the days when smokers would smoke the same pipe until it was useless, I was reminded of my early pipe days. I had about half a dozen pipes, all basket models, and would choose the days pipe and fill up my zipper pouch every morning. I smoked Black & Gold from Ehrlich's exclusively and bought pipes from them and L. J. Peretti. Yesterday afternoon and evening I smoked one MM Pride filled and refilled from a zipper pouch, being a sophisticated smoker I have 2 pouchs, the black one for English/Balkan blends, the brown for Virginia.

This morning I reached for the black pouch, GH Balkan Mixture, refilled the same pipe and made a pot of coffee.

2010 vintage Frog Morton in an Ascorti Peppino Rusticated Billiard (101). I suppose one benefit of smoking less frequently in recent years is the age time I get on all the blends I stocked up on 10-15 years ago. Who says “hoarding“ doesn’t pay off.

I’ve always enjoyed this blend but 13 years worth of aging really takes it to another level. Very smooth with (surprisingly) the perfect amount of moisture.

Happy Sunday everyone.

Good Morning!
It took a bit to catch up on all the posts. After reading the posts about the days when smokers would smoke the same pipe until it was useless, I was reminded of my early pipe days. I had about half a dozen pipes, all basket models, and would choose the days pipe and fill up my zipper pouch every morning. I smoked Black & Gold from Ehrlich's exclusively and bought pipes from them and L. J. Peretti. Yesterday afternoon and evening I smoked one MM Pride filled and refilled from a zipper pouch, being a sophisticated smoker I have 2 pouchs, the black one for English/Balkan blends, the brown for Virginia.

This morning I reached for the black pouch, GH Balkan Mixture, refilled the same pipe and made a pot of coffee.
In college I had I think 4 pipes. No baskets but cheaper seconds like Guildhall and Everyman and one lower end Sav, don't remember the model designation just that it was a bulldog. I would pick a pipe, fill my pouch with BSOSM and smoke it all day. Now I only smoke at home or at the Legion on the smoking veranda so just take a baggie of something that won't offend others. Haven't used a pouch for several years lol.

2010 vintage Frog Morton in an Ascorti Peppino Rusticated Billiard (101). I suppose one benefit of smoking less frequently in recent years is the age time I get on all the blends I stocked up on 10-15 years ago. Who says “hoarding“ doesn’t pay off.

I’ve always enjoyed this blend but 13 years worth of aging really takes it to another level. Very smooth with (surprisingly) the perfect amount of moisture.

Happy Sunday everyone.
I still have 2 unopened tins of Frog Morton and a tin of FMOTT. Your post makes me think I should pop one of them, lol.

Good morning everyone. A very quiet and peaceful day here in the highlands. Having Urban Cowboy in the Don Carlos bent dublin with a big mug of Costa Rican coffee. Couple of fat quail in the feeder. Hope you all have a great Sunday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230521_082507_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230521_082507_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0