What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning my friends and fellow BoBs. Wishing all of you a Happy and joyous 4th of July and a short reminder of what this day is all about. Yes, it's a day for parades, fireworks, BBQs, and fun, but it's mainly about celebration for the freedoms we enjoy in this great country. And a time to give special thanks to those brave patriots who fought and died to secure those freedoms for us. America has always been the greatest country in the world. Let us all pray that we can keep it that way.

Having CS Rivendell in a Lorenzo Old Vic bent billiard with Costa Rican blend coffee. On the front patio as it's already 90 on the back patio. Hotter than Hades here. 104 yesterday. Just too hot for piping. Wishing all a happy and fun filled day

Smoking a French Wessex billiard with a cult red moon/virginia blend. (the virginia helps,but it`s still not something I look forward to smoking) 8 o`clock k-cup to pair it with.
RANGER, thank you for speaking the truth !

Half way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching the Reds-Nats game.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Smoking a French Wessex billiard with a cult red moon/virginia blend. (the virginia helps,but it`s still not something I look forward to smoking) 8 o`clock k-cup to pair it with.
RANGER, thank you for speaking the truth !
What can I say. I'm definitely an American boy lol. This is still a great country if we can keep the so called progressives from ruining it. That's why I love the 4th and our rodeo here. When they play the national anthem at the start of every performance everyone stands and puts their hand over their heart and sings along. This is a very patriotic town and especially the rodeo crowd. I am always reminded of the Lee Greenwood song God Bless America and the one line in particular " I'll gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today". If we all stand together we can keep this the greatest nation on earth.

I loaded up some GH DVC in a Pride to take grocery shopping, I bought the lobsters and beverage for our 20th anniversary dinner. I was about halfway through it when I put it down to make a cup of coffee for the neighbor that stopped in, damned if I could find it as we went out for a smoke! I started a Rob Roy with GLP Westminster and ejoyed the visit. I found the pipe with the DVC and I'm just about finished with it. Next up the rest of the Westminster!

I loaded up some GH DVC in a Pride to take grocery shopping, I bought the lobsters and beverage for our 20th anniversary dinner. I was about halfway through it when I put it down to make a cup of coffee for the neighbor that stopped in, damned if I could find it as we went out for a smoke! I started a Rob Roy with GLP Westminster and ejoyed the visit. I found the pipe with the DVC and I'm just about finished with it. Next up the rest of the Westminster!
Happy Anniversary!

Half way through this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass plug in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9703B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9703B_pot.jpg

Have you tried a buffing wheel on a bench grinder, electric drill, or dremel tool? I would start with a smooth bowl and a pipe I wouldn't mind tossing if it's a gross failure.
I heard back from Meerschaum Market, and he said the white is actually the natural meerschaum color. The beeswax exaggerates or "triples" the color from smoking but it doesn't stain the meerschaum, so it turns white. The dark parts will come out more and more over months of smoking. His name was Burak, which I assume is a Turkish name, and he said this was normal for beeswax to do this. Phew!

I did use a Dremel tool on a cracked meerschaum I waxed, with different accessories. It's a fun tool to have, I might use the felt buffers on pipes. I have mineral oil, and I have briar wax. Probably just do a dry buff on the meers. Thanks for your suggestion Bali, and any others you might have. 🙂

P.S. Solvents that work with beeswax like acetone and heated isopropyl alcohol stripped the beeswax off, while low to medium heat from the heat gun allowed the pipe to retain the wax I put on it. Sometimes you spill wax from a candle and put iced cubes on top of the spill and you can chip them away, but that doesn't work with pipes. It got a little hairy for a while there, trying different things, but I don't think I actually f-ed up my pipes. You want to find the right answer for meerschaum, consult a Turk!