What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished smoking year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Now smoking 70s, 80s Balkan Sobranie in a brown medium bend 2002 Ser Jacopo Delecta Fatta A Mano R1 sandblast Rhodesian with a smooth extension at the shank with a military mount and a tapered black acrylic stem. Have enough for one more bowl.
Ser_Jacopo_DelectaR1_rhodesian.jpg

Had a low calorie snack, and am half way through this bowl of 2019 Prince Albert in a 2020 smooth light brown, slight bent J. Everett straight grain chubby author with a spalted birch ferrule and a black saddle vulcanite stem in the military mount style. Picked an easy going simple blend while I am doing some reading.
J.Everett_Author.jpg

A third of a bowl left of Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a medium bend black sandblasted IPSD 2016 Mark Tinsky book keeper 5 with a square shank and a black acrylic saddle stem with a cream colored accent. That'll do it for me today. Fed my cats, and all the ferals. I'd fed me, too, if this wasn't a diet day, but with any luck, I'll be able to go off the diet in a couple of days.
Tinsky_BookKeeper_side.jpg

Good morning,
It was a very quiet night last night,as my wife didn`t appreciate my comment about "what are you buying for dinner " yesterday! Even after she got the Asian food she wanted,she is still annoyed,LOL! oh,well!
Smoking a Pete Baker street with Stanwell melange and a freshly perked mug of pikes place coffee.

Good morning fellow BoBs. Up early, a rather chilly 48 on the patio. Another month and we'll be digging out the heated throws, lol. Starting with CS Choctaw in a Pete Pub and CR coffee. Both tasting very good this morning. Serving lunch at the USVets facility later. They provide low or no cost housing for homeless vets
which, unfortunately, we have many of in our area because of the VA hospital here. Makes me sad when I see vets younger than me living on the streets.

Smoking a Winslow Lovat with MB 7 seas regular blend and another mug of coffee.
It`s funny how things work, I bought this pipe on a whim,never owned a lovat shaped pipe,was not really sure if it would hold much tobacco,etc. The only thing I did know is Poul Winslow makes fine pipes.This pipe has been a pleasant surprise and I smoke it constantly.

Amphora Original in a Savory's Argyle shape 97 prince. Here's an angle showing the made in London England stamp and the nice (to me walnut) finish. I hope this pipe was made by Dunhill for Savory's. It is a good smoker, and I got more sweet lingering taste from this blend in the pipe last night. I hated to put it down.
20231005_100305.jpg

A third of a bowl left of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Smoking a Bari Wiking bent Rhodesian with Capt. black original blend and an 8 o`clock k-cup, I spent most of the day detailing my car, I must say it came out looking good! I need to put another heavy coat of wax on it before winter.

Did a set of walking reps under cloudy skies, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lunch follows this smoke.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg