What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We took a ride to Tractor Supply to get a cage setup for the rabbits, the website listed two in stock. There weren't any on display so we asked an employee. She searched the store room, scanned the shelves and checked the outside storage areas and found zero. A wasted trip! After noon chores I'm taking a short break with GLP Kensington in a Rob Roy along with a fresh cup of Columbian coffee.

Not far from finishing this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Chilly and windy today, and rain looks to be on the way. Only Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave were outside.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a Snap Dragon apple on the side. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Brazilian Bourbon Santos, neat, is my drink. Abner the Eager showed up, and ate enough for two cats. :)
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Back from the ranch and smoking CS Bill's Blend on a 60s vintage Comoys straight billiard with oolong tea. Wife took Charlie down to the neighbors so I'm sitting here with Molly and Augie. Bali, doesn't it really piss you off when you look up something and then get to the store and they don't have it in stock?

Passing the last third of this bowl of Watch City English Ernie-ental in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post-1938 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please consider asking Shane Ireland at Smoking Pipes and Peterson to bring the pipe back into production.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_X155.jpg

Sam the Scamp showed up this afternoon, ready to eat and play. After he ate, he cried for my attention.
Sam_Meow1.jpg

Then, he wanted to smoke my Peterson X155.
Sam_pipe.jpg

Breaking in this new pipe that my benefactor gifted me. Now smoking year 2010 Amphora Original (Brown) in a full bend barley sandblast Peterson Anniversary 1898-2023 No. 172/330 302 brandy military mount with a silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip saddle stem.
Peterson_Anniversary125_302.jpg

Smoking a Custom Bilt original Oom-Paul with CS Indian outlaw. I also have Bills blend. I seem to like Indian outlaw more than Bills blend. I don`t smell or taste any vanilla in the bills blend. Bill`s is a quality blend,maybe I just expected a stronger vanilla in this blend?

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught cat fish and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm smoking year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Barling_249.jpg

Just filled a Pride with GLP Meridian and sipping a glass of Sweet Vermouth. I watched a CBS report on AI focused on ChatGPT that was somewhat disturbing. AI first came up as something that may become real in a Philosophy of Mind class many years ago. The most interesting point brought up in this documentary was the potential for misleading reporting looking like real life reporting being distributed and influencing voters in the next presidential election.

Enjoyed a tasty Envy apple, and am close to the last third of this bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Watching Farewell, My Lovely starring Robert Mitchum. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Near the last quarter of this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2014 Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster in a medium bend black sandblasted 1925 Dunhill double patent “Shell” 56/10 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1925_DP_billiard.jpg