What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A third of a bowl left of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. In a rare twist of style, Molly Danger is the one snoozin' while Sleepy Suzy is batting a catnip ball around the den.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

@Swede The C91 you have is exactly a match for one of my BW preferences and the other you finish you described is my second, C91 blasted brown classic with the tortoiseshell stem. It's uncanny, I actually have a C91 like your own on my wishlist for SP. It is among other things I'm considering for my birthday, in August. Not more hardware for myself before then 🤨...none.

Ok, time for the SMS Tomato meer reveal.

I'm certain I put fifty bowls through this pipe to colour it more thoroughly from November to the present.

My opinion of the results? A whole lot of feathers and not much chicken. There is certainly progress, but not enough to merit the cost and time.

I still love the pipe but trying to accelerate the process has been disappointing.

This was a well-used pipe when I started the process and it was probably naive to expect a radical change in colouring. Let sleeping dogs lie. 🤔

Attachments

• SMS Tomato.jpg
    SMS Tomato.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Ok, time for the SMS Tomato meer reveal.

I'm certain I put fifty bowls through this pipe to colour it more thoroughly from November to the present.

My opinion of the results? A whole lot of feathers and not much chicken. There is certainly progress, but not enough to merit the cost and time.

I still love the pipe but trying to accelerate the process has been disappointing.

This was a well-used pipe when I started the process and it was probably naive to expect a radical change in colouring. Let sleeping dogs lie. 🤔
Charlie Scanlan who used to post often here, tried some waxing etc. to speed his up. There might be some of his old posts that would help.

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with unsalted pecans and a big golden delicious apple on the side. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. Watching the movie Parkland, which is a distrubing movie about the JFK assassination.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Now smoking Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Rusticated.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Have been working on a review of SG Burnt Ends.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with pecan pie for dessert. I'm passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. And in the spirit of the smoke, we are watching an episode of Cannon starring Mr. Conrad. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Been doing some New Year "junk" culling. Just collecting a lot of the things I rarely or never use to possibly send to goodwill or recycle or just plain trash. Cob's a good pipe for the job. It's a little humbling to realize how worthless some of the things I worked so hard to get are: CDs and DVDs, electronics, sports equipment, tools, clothing.

Even more humbling to realize books are becoming obsolete, too. This makes me a little growly because I hold an M.A. in English Literature and I am seriously considering culling my bookshelves. I hate the idea of just recycling them but many are obsolete textbooks and paperback publications. Even my resource publications are obsolete, professional information is more current and available online.

IDK, feels like I'm starting another pointless grouse hunt. Sometimes I wish the house would burn to the ground and let me restart. 😉

Have a good night guys, I'll have my tobacco tomorrow. :D

Attachments

• MM Legendary.jpg
    MM Legendary.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Enjoyed a big, tasty golden delicious apple, and am near the half way mark of this bowl of aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem. M'lady just let Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave in to eat. Sam the Scamp is safely eating outside
Comoy's_Sutliff_CorinthianDe-Luxe_126 pot .jpg
after having been in for a while.