What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoking a Pete Strand with MB Symphony, 8 o`clock k-cup.Reheating homemade chicken soup for dinner that I put in the freezer last week.
After a few LOUD discussions with different people at Tinderbox,They decided I can return their crappy tobacco for a refund. LOL!

Back from the hospital. Wife is okay but a bit nauseated by the pain meds. Hopefully she will come home tomorrow. Finally having a bowl of Hobbits Weed in a Pete Xmas Deerstalker with oolong tea. My last bowl till my new order arrives. A crisp 34 on the patio but feels like 23
Br=rrr

Half way through this bowl of 2019 C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

Half way through this bowl of year 2021 first production Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

When I started out the back door to do my walking, I was surprised to see Sam the Scamp with the new-to-me striped cat on the deck. I’ve seen them together a lot, and judging by their looks, they are related to each other as well as to Shy Stripesy (who I haven’t seen lately) and Scared Stripesy. I put food down and while Sam was eating, the other Stripesy was very wary of me even though I showed it that I wanted to feed it. I was surprised that it didn’t just run from me, but it did let me get within five feet of it. It went off the deck and to the back yard. Sam followed it, and I followed them. As I drew nearer, it seemed less afraid of me than before with a confused look on its face. I saw its mouth constantly moving up and down, but if it was making any noise, I couldn’t hear it. Not sure what that means.

While I was talking to it when it went to the bird bath, I could see it was making up its mind about me while I talked sweetly to it. Sam was watching this happen, and after a few minutes, walked off. The striped cat ran after it, and I never got another chance to make friends. But, I got photos this time.
Unnamed_Deck1.jpg

Unnamed_Offdeck1.jpg

Unnamed_GoingtoBB.jpg

Unnamed_BB1.jpg

When it went to the bird bath, I could see it was making up its mind about me while I talked sweetly to it. Sam was watching this happen, and after a few minutes, walked off. The striped cat ran after it, and I never got another chance to make friends. But, I got photos this time.

Last edited:
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, orange roughy and snow peas dinner with strawberries. I'm passing the first third of this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Off to work with a bowl of Wilke Edwin’s Burley in a post-WW2 straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 3 Shamrock bulldog with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This blend is Wall Street with much less perique (10%) than the regular W.S. (which was my idea that John Brandt blended). This version was my idea, too, as I wanted a lighter BurPer for this pipe.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Dublin3_Shamrock.jpg

Been up to mischief, waxed the figure meer and also my hardwood Anton & Co. I can already see that the grain is emphasized on the hardwood, and it feels wonderful to the touch now - sealed so to speak/ The meer will be a few days before I see anyting, if there is anything to see. Had another bowl of Paradoxical in the hardwood and wiped it lightly afterward. I may take a fresh "photo" of it.

Smoking a Pete Strand with MB Symphony, 8 o`clock k-cup.Reheating homemade chicken soup for dinner that I put in the freezer last week.
After a few LOUD discussions with different people at Tinderbox,They decided I can return their crappy tobacco for a refund. LOL!
I didn't realize Tinderbox was still around!!! Wow!! FTRPLT

Now smoking year 2022 Watch City Blue Ridge Special in a straight smooth ebony post-WW2 LHS Sterncrest 91 bulldog with a sterling silver band, a diamond shank and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Listening to The Saint from my radio collection.
LHS_Sterncrest 91_bulldog.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2018 full bend smooth Terracotta Peterson XL315 System Standard military mount with a nickel cap and a flared black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_XL315_Terracotta.jpg