What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning BoBs. Won't say good morning as I am down. Wife had a bad night at the hospital last night. Severe pain and meds didn't seem to help. Little sleep and very tired this morning. Hate that I can't help or make her feel better. On the patio, 32 out, with Cattle Drive in a Sav Hercules 606EX with strong morning coffee. Charlie in my lap. Soon as the other 2 dogs are up and fed I'm off to the hospital.
Sorry to hear this. Have they considered a metabolic panel to see if the medications are metabolizing or not? Slightly newer trend with medicine that's finding a lot of folks are being prescribed medications that their bodies cannot break down, so they get the side effects without the benefit of whatever the drug is supposed to do. That could be her case.

My gal had a Genesight test, which found a lot of the medications she had been on were not actually doing anything for her symptoms, and were instead just screwing up her equilibrium worse.

Sorry to hear this. Have they considered a metabolic panel to see if the medications are metabolizing or not? Slightly newer trend with medicine that's finding a lot of folks are being prescribed medications that their bodies cannot break down, so they get the side effects without the benefit of whatever the drug is supposed to do. That could be her case.

My gal had a Genesight test, which found a lot of the medications she had been on were not actually doing anything for her symptoms, and were instead just screwing up her equilibrium worse.
Thanks for the suggestion but my wife, being a retired RN, is pretty up on prescription meds. She is actually smarter than a lot of the doctors, lol.

Smoking some Capt black original in an old Custombilt billiard,Horton`s k-cup. I was very bored and decided to take a ride to the mall to walk around and get out of the house for an hour or so.
Ranger, I am sorry to read about your wife`s pain, I know that it`s frustrating and a helpless feeling. Have they scanned her for blood clots?
I'm not sure, but as she is a retired RN if she thought she needed it she would request it.

New arrival! The last of my Christmas orders, a Falcon meer. Christening it with Old Professor. Photos will have to wait, the battery for my built in light meter on the camera puked, so I have to go on a snipe hunt for a wee little pil later this week. As always, I will keep you all posted.

It's been a very busy day, but I did manage to smoke EGR, enjoy a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast, deal with all the ferals when I came home for running errands, do a set of walks after the rain stopped, and be close to finishing this bowl year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Wessex_bent.jpg

Morning BoBs. Won't say good morning as I am down. Wife had a bad night at the hospital last night. Severe pain and meds didn't seem to help. Little sleep and very tired this morning. Hate that I can't help or make her feel better. On the patio, 32 out, with Cattle Drive in a Sav Hercules 606EX with strong morning coffee. Charlie in my lap. Soon as the other 2 dogs are up and fed I'm off to the hospital.
I know how that can be. Hope all gets better for you folks.

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Time to clean a few pipes. I co-created the blend.
Barling_BBilliard_spigot.jpg

Wasn't supposed to snow here today in Pikesville, MD, but here it comes. Nevertheless, I'm smoking a charge of Peterson's Elizabethan Mixture in my MM Elf short churchwarden corncob on my porch, bundled up against the cold and savoring a mug of Arabica black coffee. Where is the kid who doesn't love the snow? But I'm about to turn eighty, and walking the dog when the footing is iffy is no pleasure. Snow is pretty, though.

Just finished smoking Sutliff Pipe Force Episode 1 Invasion in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. I believe it goes on sale this Wednesday.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg

Good afternoon gents. Wife is much better this afternoon thank goodness. Our neighbor who walks the dogs with her brought her a Chic Filet sandwich for lunch which she loves. Pre dinner smoke of Arango Balkan Supreme in a Sav Hercules 320EX with a cafe mocha. Trying to decide between pot roast that my riding buddies wife made for me, or left over taco meat over spaghetti squash which the wife made the day prior to her fall. Pot roast sounds better but I really should finish up the squash, which is quite good. Have to feed and walk the dogs so probably my last pipe today. Good evening my friends.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steel head trout and snow peas dinner with a bowl of freshly made chocolate pudding for dessert. I just finished smoking Sutliff Pipe Force Episode 1 in a 1960s Austrian meerschaum bent apple with a tapered yellow acrylic stem. And will edit the review later.
Austrian_meer_apple.jpg

Just finished smoking Wilke Wall Street w/o perique in a year 1987 ebony full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. I got John Brandt to make this for me. It’s not on the menu. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_MarkTwain Ebony.jpg