What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a very tasty tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a big golden delicious apple and unsalted peanuts on the side. I also had a glass of Simply Orange. Haven't had any kind of fruit juice since I started this diet, but m'lady decided it was time I did on a day like this. Anyway, I just finished smoking Watch City Original Crumb Cut in a 1950s-60s straight smooth brown Bertram 07 octagonal paneled billiard with a square shank and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Bertram_07 _panel_billiard.jpg

Took after Jim and started my day with french toast (not cinnamon raisin though) and a cappuccino with a little splash of baileys. Just finished a bowl of CS Cowboy Coffee in my SMS meer and now having a mug of Irish breakfast tea. Rained last night, so a bit warmer out today, but also a bit muddy. This weather always has me craving fish and chips, and our local chips shop is currently making scotch eggs as their weekly special. I think we'll be taking a trip into town shortly to grab a few groceries and some lunch.

Good afternoon gents. Back from the ranch and taking Charlie down to visit with wifey at rehab. Having GH Seasonal Reserve kindly gifted by Zippo in a Bjarne blasted bent billiard. Toasted coconut tea on the side. When I first tried this I wasn't crazy about it but it's growing on me. After I finish this I have to feed the doggies, and since Carole isn't here to fix dinner I'll be heading down to the Legion for ribs. lol. So my last smoke for today.

Earlier, I smoked year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. I co-created the blend.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg

Then I smoked a bowl of Sutliff States of Virginia Limited Edition ’23 in a straight black sandblasted WW2 Barling’s Make SS billiard with a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Barling_SS.jpg

Currently, I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, 1.75 pound rib-eye steak (though I had to cut off a lot of fat), a half pound of grouper with a baked potato and freshly cooked pinto beans dinner with a few freshly made blueberry muffins for dessert. I'm just finishing this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Off to work with a bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Friend in a pre-1980s straight dark brown Comoy's Sandblast 186 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem.Going to start my radio show listening with Philco Radio Time starring Bing Crosby.
Comoy's_Sandblast 186 billiard.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke Hearth of Galway in an undated smooth straight medium brown made in France Saillard Lord Clerit lumberman with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
Lord_Clerit_Lumberman.jpg

I saw the light was on at the back deck, and to my surprise I discovered we have a new-to-us feral. It’s face is like a Stripesy, but the body coloring is much different. That makes seven ferals I’ve seen eating the food I put down although two of them have only showed up this past month.
Part_Stripes.jpg

Now smoking Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Sam the Scamp showed up after that feral left, and is relaxing after a nice meal. Looking at just their faces, one would almost swear they were the same cat. I wonder how many of those striped cats are out there.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

Finished work for the day, and half way through this bowl of Wilke Edwin’s Burley in a post-WW2 straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 3 Shamrock bulldog with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This blend is Wall Street with much less perique (10%) than the regular W.S. (which was my idea that John Brandt blended). This version was my idea, too, as I wanted a lighter BurPer for this pipe.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Dublin3_Shamrock.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of Wilke Shenandoah in an undated straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Sterling bulldog 150 with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. This blend has much less perique (10%) than the regular Back Bay (which was my idea that John Brandt blended). This version was my idea, too, as I wanted a lighter VaPer for this pipe. I may end the day with this smoke.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Sterling150.jpg

The unnamed striped cat and Scared Stripesy showed up to eat. although the unnamed cat scared it away after a couple of minutes with mournfully loud meowing. Scared Stripesy came back ate after that unnamed one left. I wonder how many of those striped cats are out there.
Unnamed&ScaredSt.1.jpg

Unnamed&ScaredSt.2.jpg

Scared_StripesyEats_Unn..jpg

Last edited:
Good morning BoBs and a Happy Sunday to all. Slept in a bit. Still tired as I didn't sleep well at all. May try to nap this afternoon. Got up, made coffee, fed Charlie, settled on the patio, played fetch with Charlie for 20 minutes or so, finally got him settled down and laying in my lap. Having Cattle Drive in the Don Carlos huge bent dublin with morning CR coffee. Got home lare last night, after dark and cold. Would have liked a post dinner smoke but had to take care of the doggies. They were restless since I disturbed their normal routine. Have a great day my friends.