What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched "Despicable Me" this afternoon with my Savinelli full of Old Professor. No nieces or nephews, sometimes I just want to watch cartoons. 🤪

Attachments

• Savinelli 616 Sistina.jpg
    Savinelli 616 Sistina.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Not far from finishing this bowl year 2016 Newminister 400 Superior Navy Flake in a straight smooth brown year 1948 Parker Super Bruyere patent 23 88/F bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Dinner is next!
1948_Parker_patent 23 bulldog..jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, grouper and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2021 unreleased Sutliff Black Virginia Flake in a late 80's, early 90s James Upshall P DS Tilshead England Made By Hand L185 Canadian with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. They should have put this one in regular production. Watching a Roy Rogers movie. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
James Upshall P DS_L185 Canadian.jpg

Now smoking Leavitt & Peirce D.P.E. in a slight bent black sandblasted post-1940 KBB Yello-Bole Cured With Real Honey Imported Briar with a reg. mark in a circle canted egg with a tapered black vulcanite stem. I had been looking for a blend for this pipe for a time time, and this ought to be the one... until I run out of it, anyway.
KBB Yello-Bole_canted egg.jpg

Did a little low calorie snacking, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake in a smooth dark brown quarter bend post-1935 KBB/Kaywoodie New England Briar Pipe Company Flagship 83B Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
KBB NEPC_83B_Rhodesian.jpg

Close to finishing this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

When I did my first set of walks today, Abner the Eager and Sam the Scamp argued over who would walk with me during my last lap. Sam ran under a neighbor’s car, followed by Abner. When I got near my house, Sam ran as fast as he could to me for food and safety. I picked Sam up to bring him in to eat. Abner got ahead of us, laid down on the driveway to block our path, but gave up when he realized the futility of his plan. Abner wanted to eat, but Harry the Hairy was around, so Abner hid under the deck lounge. While eating, Harry saw Abner, walked over and started those load mournful moans. Abner left under Harry’s watchful eyes, but he came back, ate inside and after a little scratching from yours truly, had a snooze. Lots more happened today, and if I don't post about it before bed time, I will later on if I can manage the time.
AbnerStalksSam.jpg

AbnerWatchesSam.jpg

Harry&AbnerStares2.jpg

Harry&AbnerStares3.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and have a third of this bowl left of year 2020 Uhle’s Blend 44 in a 1922-38 Made in Ireland Peterson Dublin 3 straight smooth dark brown bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_Dublin3_bulldog.jpg

I was doing my second set of walks when Sam came running to me. Harry the Hairy was in the neighbor’s yard when he spotted Sam, and stalked him. Harry stopped he saw I wasn’t going to let him badger Sam. Repeating Abner’s driveway block, Harry did a few rolls to show how cute he was. There's more to show and tell, but that's all I can do for now, especially because I can only post five photos in a post.
SamToMe1.jpg

HarryGardenEdgeStalk.jpg

HarryDrivewayRoll3.jpg

HarryDrivewayRoll5.jpg

At the half way mark of this bowl of first release Watch City Rhythm & Blues in a straight smooth brown 1920s-30s Sasieni patent 8 dot Marborough lovat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. I'll end the day with this smoke. Had to let Sam the Scamp in to eat as Harry the Hairy has stuck around all day. I hated to put Sam back out since it's raining, but I don't want trouble happening while we sleep. Harry is getting more territorial, but usually those two get along. Right now, Sleepy Suzy is by my side wondering about the cat she smells on my left hand.
Sasieni_8Dot_Lovat.jpg

I made the pouch from leather reclaimed from an old sofa. It was originally a light beige color. I stained it darker and used both brown and black kiwi shoe polish to give it an aged look.
That is a really great bit of leather work and recycling mate! Well done looks mint(y)

Good morning BoBs. Got the doggies all fed and settled. Now having Hobbits Weed in a Calabresi bent brandy a mug of morning CR coffee. In the garage nook since it's a somewhat chilly 31 on the patio. Have to run out to the ranch later and blanket the boys as it’s going down to 14 tonight. Jim, glad you're taking care of the kitties, and yes, caring for multiple animals is a lot of work. We have an acquaintance who breeds and raises Golden Doodles. They currently have 9 of various ages running around the house, lol. It's a full time job.
A girlfriend said I had a "golden doodle" weird as my dog was a blue healer ;):whistle:

Good afternoon BoBs, today I'm smoking this estate pipe I got from Ebay. I don't know anything about it really, other than it has 'Westminster' stamped on one side and Made in London England on the other. The stem has an image of the tower bridge stamped into it. View attachment 15522View attachment 15523
I believe the Westminster pipe, with the Tower Bridge logo was made by Comoy's of London.

Me, too. It's work, man. I post them on my Facebook page with extra photos because so many people like to hear the stories, and I started doing it on pipe forums because a number of people asked for more, too.

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. With any luck, I'll end the day with this smoke.
View attachment 15519
I for one love reading about your Cats Jim.